Ceraxon is a synthetic nootropic agent that has a wide spectrum of action. Available in the form of a solution for oral administration (in dosing syringes and sachets) and injecting (in ampoules) administration.
The drug inhibits the action of phospholipases, reduces the severity of neurological symptoms and restores cell membranes. The use of the drug as a therapeutic agent for disorders of the central nervous system of various etiologies, oxygen starvation, cognitive disorders, memory impairment is shown.
Taking the drug reduces the manifestation of amnesia, and has a positive effect on attention and consciousness.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
You can buy by prescription.
How much is Ceraxon 1000 mg, 5 ampoules? The average price is at 1,200 rubles.
Composition and release form
Solution for parenteral administration Cerakson is a colorless transparent liquid.
The main active component of the drug is Cicolin sodium, its content in 4 ml of the solution is 500 and 1000 mg. The solution also contains auxiliary components, which include sodium hydroxide, hydrochloric acid and water for injection.
The solution for injection is contained in glass ampoules with a volume of 4 ml, which are packaged in blister packs of 5 tuk. The carton pack contains one blister pack with ampoules and a summary of the preparation.
Citicoline has a nootropic effect, and has a wide spectrum of activity:
- in the acute period of stroke reduces the amount of damage to brain tissue;
- in brain tissue improves cholinergic transmission;
- restores cell membranes;
- inhibits the action of phospholipases;
- prevents the formation of free radicals;
- reduces the duration of post-traumatic coma, and also reduces the severity of neurological symptoms in traumatic brain injury.
The use of Cerakson is effective in treating sensory and motor neurological disorders of degenerative and vascular origin.
In chronic hypoxia, the brain produces a result in the treatment of such cognitive disorders as:
- memory impairment;
- lack of initiative;
- the difficulty of performing simple self-serving activities.
The use of medication helps to reduce the manifestation of amnesia, and also increases the level of consciousness and attention.
In any form of release, the agent quickly begins to act. Especially active in injections and droppers.
When administered intravenously or intramuscularly, it is well absorbed and absorbed by the body. This way of entering the body is fast and effective. The active ingredient is carried by blood to various tissues, evenly distributed over them. Then it penetrates the central nervous system and has a healing effect on it.
Metabolization, that is, the process of absorption, splitting and processing of nutrients of the drug in the body, occurs in the liver to form choline (vitamin B, necessary for normal metabolic processes) and cytidine (a component of RNA).
The drug is absorbed almost completely, only 15% of the solution, along with the decay products, is excreted from the body by the kidneys and respiratory organs. The remaining 85% is used by the body, being distributed into phospholipids of the brain and nerve cells.
Indications for use
The use of Cerakson in the composition of the drug complex:
- Acute traumatic brain injury;
- Stroke due to bleeding in the brain.
The use of Cerakson as an independent drug:
- The recovery period after traumatic brain injury;
- The recovery period after a stroke, frowned due to hemorrhage in the brain;
- The recovery period after a stroke, which occurred due to circulatory insufficiency of the brain.
Also, the drug is used for complex therapy of behavioral and cognitive impairment in the elderly, developing on the background of degenerative-dystrophic and vascular pathology of the brain.
Parenteral administration of Ceraxon injection for injection is excluded in case of certain pathological and physiological conditions of the patient’s body, which include:
- Severe vagotonia - a state of significant increase in the functional activity of the parasympathetic part of the autonomic nervous system.
- The patient is under 18 years of age, as there are no reliable data on the safety and efficacy of the drug.
- Individual intolerance to any of the components of this drug.
Before prescribing the solution for parenteral administration of Ceraxon, the doctor necessarily excludes the presence of contraindications for the patient.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
Due to the fact that the safety of Cerakson use by pregnant and lactating women is not clinically proven, the use of this agent for therapeutic or prophylactic purposes is undesirable. However, the doctor can still prescribe the use of a specific dosage of Cerakson during these periods, if only the benefit of the agent for the woman exceeds all possible risks.
Dosage and method of use
Instructions on Cerakson for intravenous and intramuscular administration following. The drug is intravenously injected slowly, depending on the dose, over 3-5 minutes. If the drug is taken by drip at a rate of 40-60 drops per minute. If possible, the drug is preferably taken intravenously rather than intramuscularly. In acute conditions, treatment should begin as early as possible, it is desirable to do it already in the first day.
Instructions for the use of Cerakson also depends on the disease that is diagnosed in the patient. In the acute period of traumatic brain injury and ischemic stroke, 1000 mg of the drug should be administered every 12 hours, the course of therapy lasts at least 6 weeks. Injections are done for 3-5 days. Further, if the patient has not been impaired swallowing, you can take Cerakson tablets or syrup.
The doctor prescribes the dosage of the drug during the recovery period individually, depending on the severity and severity of the symptoms. Ceraxon is administered to children strictly according to the doctor’s prescription and in accordance with the dosage indicated by him. Elderly patients do not need to adjust the usual dosage.
When administered, the drug is diluted in half a glass of water. You need to drink it during the absorption of food or between meals. In the acute period, TBT or stroke is given in 1000 mg (10 ml or one packet) every 12 hours, the treatment lasts at least 6 weeks.
Children Cerakson syrup is prescribed for lesions of the central nervous system of varying severity. The instruction on syrup for children is individual and depends on the severity of the lesion, the age of the child, the response to the medicine, etc. 1 ml (100 mg) twice a day. Further, the treatment is prescribed individually by the doctor, while the child should not take more than 5-20 ml of the drug per day. The solution that is contained in the ampoule should be applied once. It should be used immediately after the ampoule has been opened. Ceraxon is combined with isotonic solutions and dextrose solutions.
Citicoline, which is the active component of Ceraxone, exhibits a fairly high drug activity. In this regard, the improper use of funds entails the development of various side effects. However, if you follow the regimen prescribed by your doctor, the probability of their manifestation is significantly reduced.
Among the main side effects emit:
- hypertension or hypotension;
- rapid heartbeat (may be accompanied by pain);
- anaphylactic shock (extremely rare);
- severe dizziness;
- acute headaches;
- bouts of hallucinations;
- difficulty breathing (dyspnea);
- vomiting and nausea;
- skin itchy allergic reactions;
- Quincke's edema (extremely rare).
Most often, a side effect after taking Cerakson is a general painful condition of the body, accompanied by chills and weakness.
Symptoms of overdose
Due to the fact that citicoline does not show a toxic effect, cases of intoxication during overdose were not observed.
In the solution for ingestion in the cold, a small amount of crystals may form due to the temporary partial crystallization of the preservative. Upon further storage under recommended conditions, the crystals dissolve within a few months. The presence of crystals does not affect the quality of the drug.
During treatment, patients should be careful when performing potentially hazardous activities that require special attention and speed of psychomotor reactions (including driving and other vehicles, working with moving machinery, the work of the dispatcher and the operator).
Compatibility with other drugs
Citicoline enhances the effects of levodopa.
Ceraxon should not be administered concurrently with drugs containing meklofenoksat.
We offer you to read the reviews of people who used Cerakson:
- Olesya. He was prescribed to the child for delayed speech development. Was taken in the form of a solution inside twice a day, 2.5 ml. I had very high hopes for him, but alas, the effect is zero. There was no progress in speech and thinking. In addition, it is expensive, the course took a few bottles, which significantly hit the family budget. From the sidelines, I note a slight inhibition of the nervous system, although the drug on the contrary, should excite.
- Sasha. A neurologist prescribed Cerakson injections - 15 times + sachet for 2 months. There was a cerebral infarction 6.5 months ago. I recovered pretty quickly, but the memory deteriorated (and therefore prescribed it). I used 4 shots and decided not to take it anymore. with each intake, sleep worsens (it is difficult to fall asleep, sleep becomes intermittent and I constantly wake up throughout the night), this night I woke up all wet (this never happened), depression is growing.
- Svetlana We have a premature baby. In the neonatal pathology department, we were assigned “Ceraxon”. The child immediately changed for the worse, became very restless. I did not immediately connect it with “Cerakson”, because I had taken a lot of drugs, and even then I didn’t understand anything about it. roped the course. The condition of the daughter only worsened. So it was three times, until I guess from what. It turned out that it was a convulsive readiness provoked by this medicine. Although he influenced so many children positively. We did not fit. Now on anticonvulsant.
Analogues of Cerakson on the mechanism of action are medicines in various dosage forms:
- Solution for injection - Amilonosar, Lucetam, Cerebrolizat, Cerebrolysin, Escotropil;
- Tablets - Amilonosar, Acefen, Vero-Vinpocetine, Vinpocetine, Vincentin, Ginos, Gopantam, Kavinton, Lutsetam, Memaplant, Pantogam, Memotropil, Noopept, Omaron;
- Capsules - Bilobil, Vinpotropil, Nootropil, Fezam;
- Concentrate for solution for infusion - Bravinton, Vinpocetine;
- Raw vegetable - Ginkgo bilobate leaves;
- Capsules - Ginkoum, Noben, Idebenon, Carnitetin, Neuromet, Piracetam;
- Tablets sublingual - Glycine;
- Oral solution - Nooklerin, Tanakan, Demanol, Kogitum, Nootropil;
- Dry extract - Cortexin;
- Nasal drops - Minisem Semax.
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
The shelf life of the solution for injection Cerakson is 3 years. It should be stored in its original packaging, protected from light and moisture, and out of reach of children at air temperature not higher than + 30 ° C.