Chloropyramine is an antiallergic drug from the group of histamine H1 receptor blockers.
It has a pronounced antiallergic, antipruritic and sedative effect. It is used to treat allergic rhinitis, conjunctivitis, dermatosis, and other allergic diseases.
Its more popular counterpart is the "brand" drug suprastin, but under its generic name, consonant with the pharmacologically active substance it contains, the drug can also be found on the shelves of domestic pharmacies.
Histamine H1 receptor blocker. Antiallergic drug.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
You can buy by prescription.
How much does chloropyramine cost in pharmacies? The average price is at 125 rubles.
Composition and release form
Chloropyramine is available in two forms: as a solution for intramuscular and intravenous administration, as well as tablets.
- The solution for intravenous and intramuscular injection is a clear liquid with a barely noticeable greenish or yellowish tinge with a characteristic odor. In each of the ampoules with a solution contains the active substance, the mass of which is 20 mg. There are packs of five or ten ampoules.
The content of the active substance in tablets Chloropyramine - 25 mg each. In the package - 20 pieces of tablets.
Chloropyramine is able to block histamine H1 receptors and M-cholinergic receptors, and its antipruritic, sedative, antiallergic, anticholinergic, antispasmodic and hypnotic effects are manifested.
Chloropyramine weakens the spasmogonous activity of histamine on the smooth muscles of the bronchi and intestines, thereby reducing its hypotensive effect and the effect on vascular permeability. The drug also helps to prevent the development of allergic reactions of immediate type and facilitate their flow.
It has a high absorption rate, so the maximum concentration of the drug is achieved within two hours after administration. The therapeutic effect in this case lasts from four to six hours.
Indications for use
What helps? Chloropyramine is effective in treating a number of diseases:
- allergic conjunctivitis and rhinitis;
- hay fever and pollipoz;
- allergic dermatosis;
- serum sickness;
- allergic reactions to insect bites;
- allergy to drugs.
The drug can not be used in the following cases:
- with hypersensitivity to the components of the tool;
- children under 1 month;
- in the presence of acute attacks of bronchial asthma;
- with prostatic hyperplasia;
- in case of acute gastric ulcer;
- during pregnancy and lactation period.
In some cases, the use of chloropyramine is not contraindicated, but it should be taken with the utmost caution:
- with urinary retention;
- when taking drugs that inhibit the function of the central nervous system;
- with a stomach ulcer or duodenal ulcer;
- in the presence of heart disease or liver failure;
- in old age.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
Chloropyramine is contraindicated during pregnancy and lactation.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use Chloropyramine used in / in or in / m.
- Adults appoint 20-40 mg / day (the contents of 1-2 ampoules).
- Treatment in children begins with a dose of 5 mg (0.25 ml). In the future, the dose is increased depending on the age of the child.
- Children aged 1-12 months - 5 mg (0.25 ml).
- Children aged 1-6 years - 10 mg (0.5 ml).
- Children aged 7-18 years - 10-20 mg (0.5-1 ml).
The daily dose should not exceed 2 mg / kg body weight.
In severe allergies, treatment should begin with the injection form of chloropyramine. At first, it is introduced into / in slowly, then it is transferred to intramuscular injection and in the final phase of treatment, it is taken to take the tablets inside. The duration of treatment is set individually, depending on the clinical symptoms and the patient's condition.
Elderly, depleted patients: the use of the drug chloropyramine requires special care, because In these patients, antihistamines are more likely to cause side effects (dizziness, drowsiness).
Patients with impaired liver function: a dose reduction may be required due to a decrease in the metabolism of the active ingredient of the drug for liver diseases.
Patients with impaired renal function: it may be necessary to change the mode of administration of the drug and reduce the dose due to the fact that the active ingredient is mainly excreted through the kidneys.
Against the background of the use of Chloropyramine solution or tablets, the development of negative pathological reactions from various organs and systems is possible:
- Organ of vision - increased intraocular pressure, reduced visual acuity.
- Nervous system - drowsiness, dizziness, lethargy, general weakness, incoordination, headache, euphoria (unmotivated mood increase). Children may experience anxiety, irritability, increase physical activity.
- Cardiovascular system - a decrease in the level of systemic arterial pressure (hypotension), which occurs more often in the elderly, an abnormal heartbeat (arrhythmia), and an increase in heart rate.
- The digestive system - nausea, intermittent vomiting, dry mouth, constipation or diarrhea, changes in appetite, with its increase or absence.
- Blood and red bone marrow - a decrease in the number of leukocytes (leukopenia), granulocytes (agranulocytosis) per unit volume of blood.
If there are signs of the development of negative pathological reactions after the start of the use of tablets or solution for parenteral administration of Chloropyramine, the need for the physician to cancel or adjust the dosage is determined.
The use of chloropyramine and inadequate analogue drugs can cause an overdose, the symptoms of which are as follows:
- In adults, a state of inhibition and depression, or excitation of the central nervous system, in rare cases - hallucinations, coordination disorders, lack of reaction of pupils to light, hyperthermia.
- In children, overdose is manifested in the form of anxiety, the appearance of hallucinations, athetosis, ataxia, seizures, mydriasis, real estate pupils, facial flushing, hyperthermia. In rare cases - coma, collapse.
Treatment involves systematic therapy, which includes taking phenamine, caffeine, antiepileptic drugs, as well as reanimation measures, coupled with ventilation. The specific antidote is absent.
Before you start using the drug, read the specific instructions:
- During treatment, the use of alcoholic beverages is unacceptable.
- Taking the drug at night can increase the symptoms of reflux esophagitis.
- When combined with ototoxic drugs, chloropyramine may mask early manifestations of ototoxicity.
- Antihistamines may distort the manifestation of the reaction when making skin allergy tests, therefore, a few days before the planned test, the use of the drug should be discontinued.
- If during prolonged use of the drug there is a causeless increase in body temperature, laryngitis, pallor of the skin, jaundice, formation of ulcers of the oral mucosa, the appearance of hematomas, unusual and difficult to stop bleeding, you should consult a doctor as prolonged therapy with antihistamine drugs can lead to violations hematopoiesis.
Compatibility with other drugs
When using the drug, you must consider the interaction with other drugs:
- Caffeine and phenamine reduce the inhibitory effect on the central nervous system.
- Simultaneous use with ethanol is not recommended (risk of severe depression of the central nervous system).
- Tricyclic antidepressants and MAO inhibitors increase m-anticholinergic and inhibitory effects on the central nervous system.
- Enhances the effect of drugs for general anesthesia, hypnotic drugs, sedative drugs, tranquilizers, m-anticholinergics, opioid analgesics, local anesthetics.
We offer you to read the reviews of people who used Chloropyramine:
- Marina. Suffered from a severe allergic reaction to pollen in the spring, for a long time could not pick up the drug. The doctor advised Chloropyramine in ampoules. It helped instantly, there were no side effects. Now I drink pills. Previously, gasped as the whole sky swelled, it became difficult to breathe. New drug made it feel all the colors of spring.
- Irina. This drug helped me partially. The secretions on the mucous decreased, it became easier to breathe. But the action of the drug was enough for less than a day, it had to be taken quite often. In addition, there was an unpleasant dryness on the nasal mucosa. Simultaneously with the preparation, it was used to wash the nasal mucosa with a light saline solution. Perhaps it is precisely in my body that such an ambiguous reaction to the drug.
- Maksim. The injection saved my friend, after a bee sting at the dacha, a strong allergic reaction arose, the edema prevented him from breathing normally, we were afraid that the ambulance would not have time. In the first-aid kit there was a drug in ampoules, it was bought just in case. We urgently made an injection. A friend came to himself, the ambulance doctors said that the bill then went on for a minute.
The drug may not be suitable, causing an individual reaction. Then the doctor will recommend a counterpart that will effectively replace the original remedy. Among the antihistamine drugs with the same active ingredient:
- Suprastin. It is in the form of tablets, fluids for administration. It has anti-allergic and anti-histamine effect.
- Chloropyramine hydrochloride. Available in the form of a solution for injection. The drug is suitable for the treatment of allergies.
- Chloropyramine ESCOM. Available form: injection solution. Antihistamine.
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
The shelf life of tablets and parenteral solution Chloropyramine is 3 years from the date of manufacture. They should be stored only in the original factory packaging, in a dark, dry, out of reach of children, at air temperature not higher than + 25 ° C.
Freezing of the solution should be avoided.