Formidron - antiseptic, deodorant, which has antifungal and disinfecting effect, deodorizes and cools the surface.
The main active ingredient - Formaldehyde, which is part of the drug, is able to destroy, collapse the structure of protein molecules. That is why Formidron has a negative effect on microorganisms parasitizing on the skin. Pathogenic bacteria disrupt the sebaceous glands, resulting in a repulsive smell of sweat.
Formidron has tanning properties that promote clogging of the sebaceous glands and their complete atrophy.
The drug with deodorizing and antimicrobial action, used for hyperhidrosis.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
Can be bought without a doctor's prescription.
How much does Formidron cost in pharmacies? The average price is at 50 rubles.
Composition and release form
Form release Formidron - alcohol solution for external use: transparent, colorless, with a fragrant odor (50 or 100 ml in bottles of imported brown glass, or orange glass, or of polyethylene terephthalate, sealed with plastic caps, or caps with the control of the first opening, each bottle in a carton box along with instructions for use). For hospitals, the drug is available in polyethylene canisters of 3, 5 and 10 liters.
The composition of the solution:
- active ingredient: formalin (formaldehyde solution 37%);
- auxiliary components: ethyl alcohol (ethanol) 95%, purified water, cologne.
The drug has an antiseptic and deodorizing effect. The active component in the form of formaldehyde, which is part of the drug, has the ability to coagulate, that is, to fold or destroy the structure of protein molecules. Due to this property of the active substance, Formidron has a detrimental effect on bacteria living on the skin.
Formidron also has a tanning effect, which ensures the closure of the ducts of the sweat glands and their atrophy.
Indications for use
Formidron prescribed with increased sweating on the palms, soles, depressions under the armpits.
The use of the solution Formidron is excluded under certain conditions, which include:
- Individual intolerance to formaldehyde or alcohol.
- Acute inflammation of the skin in the area of the intended use of this drug.
- Age of a person under 14 years old.
It is not recommended to apply the medication on the areas of the body with thin, delicate skin, as this may lead to the development of irritation. Before starting the use of the Formidron solution, it is important to ensure that there are no contraindications.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use, Formidron solution is used externally; it is recommended to wipe the interdigital folds of the legs with a small amount of liquid 1 time per day.
After the hygienic shower and drying, the preparation is applied for 30-40 minutes to areas of excessive sweating (soles, palms, interdigital folds). Then the drug is washed off with warm water. The drug should be applied for a period of not more than 20 minutes to the tender sensitive skin (armpits and palms in women). After that, the skin should be thoroughly washed with warm water without detergent and powdered with talcum powder or baby powder.
After shaving the armpits, Formidron can be applied no earlier than in a day. One procedure is enough to reduce the sweating of the skin for 7-12 days. With a pronounced sweating procedure is carried out for 2-3 days in a row.
Possible manifestation of allergic reactions on the skin surface, irritation.
Symptoms of overdose are usually reddening of the skin at the site of application, dryness, irritation and itching. It should stop using the product, wash it off with water from the affected area.
Symptoms of poisoning when ingested Formidron are acute pain in the stomach, dizziness, disorientation, unreasonable fear, nausea, vomiting. If formalin enters the gastrointestinal tract, it is necessary to immediately induce vomiting, or, if it has been more than half an hour, wash the stomach through a tube. Assign diuretics, preparations of ammonia and urea.
In case of poisoning with formaldehyde vapors, inhalation with a solution of ammonia (1-2 drops) should be made.
Application of the solution on the mucous membranes and skin of the face should be avoided.
When using Formidron in accordance with the instructions, the drug does not affect the management of vehicles and other complex mechanisms.
Compatibility with other drugs
Information about the interaction with other drugs is missing.
We offer to read the reviews of people who used Formidron:
- Marina. I bought this product in a pharmacy (they praised it this way and said it was better than dry and not so harmful) - 20-30 minutes and washed off with warm water and on the next day I had sweat and the main smell again and again I tried again but no result not. although 2 days in a row used. I also wiped my shoes, too, the result is 0. that the water that this means does not make a difference and no longer uses, since there is formaldehyde in the composition and does not help. so it is amazing how he helped you?
- Inna I keep Formidron at home exclusively for effective antifungal treatment of footwear: I put on gloves, a respirator and construction goggles (gives out very caustic pairs), wipe each inside with a cotton pad dipped in a solution, leave the discs and pack my shoes tightly for two days, after which airing I read that the drug is not excreted from the body and is generally considered an analogue of Formalin. So I would not advise any children, pregnant or simply adults to apply it on the skin - there are a lot of safe analogues against sweat.
- Katya. I bought this remedy for sweating armpits and it didn’t suit me at all. After applying, there was redness, itching, itching all the time there, in short, it is better to let it smell later than the torment I go through. Besides, now she read that it is a very harmful means and thank God that it didn’t fit me and I didn’t use it much, and it was possible to die.
Structural analogues of the active substance:
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
Store the tool should be at a temperature not higher than 15 degrees. Keep in a dark place out of the reach of children.
The shelf life of Formidron is three years from the date of issue. Using the product after the specified period is strictly prohibited.