Spazgan is a combined drug that has analgesic, antispasmodic, antipyretic, m-antinoxoblocking and direct myotropic (on smooth muscle) effect.
Mainly used for the relief of pain or mild to moderate severity in smooth muscle spasms of internal organs. The “core” of the drug is triumvirate pharmacologically active substances: non-narcotic analgesic Metamizole sodium (better known as analgin), myotropic antispasmodic pitofenone and m-antinoxoblobate fenpiveriniya bromide.
Spazgan is available in two forms of release - tablets for oral administration and solution for injection.
Combined analgesic and antispasmodic.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
Can be bought without a doctor's prescription.
How much does Spazgan cost in pharmacies? The average price is at 120 rubles.
Composition and release form
Spazgan dosage forms:
- Tablets (10 pieces in blisters, in a carton pack of 2 or 10 packs);
- Solution for intramuscular and intravenous administration (5 ml in ampoules, 5 ampoules in plastic blister packs, in a carton pack of 1 or 5 packs; 5 ml in ampoules, 5 ampoules in a carton pack).
Active ingredients of the drug:
- Metamizol sodium: in 1 tablet - 500 mg, in 1 ml of solution - 500 mg;
- Pitofenone hydrochloride: 1 tablet - 5 mg; in 1 ml of solution - 2 mg;
- Feniverve bromide: in 1 tablet - 0.1 mg, in 1 ml of solution - 0.02 mg.
Spazgan is a combination drug that contains three active ingredients, each of which has a specific effect on the cause and symptoms of the pain syndrome.
- Metamizole is a non-narcotic analgesic that allows you to relax smooth muscles, inhibit prostaglandin synthesis, block acetylcholine m-receptors, and reduce fever and inflammation.
- Pitofenone hydrochloride is a myotropic antispasmodic that has a direct effect on muscle tissue, relieves spasms, and the sensation of pain.
- Fenpiverine bromide - anticholinergics with analgesic and relaxing effect, accelerates the therapeutic effect of the drug.
In the complex, the components of the drug relieve inflammation, relieve spasms and irritation of nerve endings.
After taking the drug, its active ingredients quickly penetrate the gastrointestinal tract, and then enter the blood stream. The effect after taking the drug is observed after 10 - 12 minutes and lasts for 3 - 4 hours. The process of metabolism of the drug occurs in the liver, excreted in the urine, bile, feces.
Indications for use
What helps? Spazgan is indicated for:
- moderate or mild pain syndrome as a result of spasm of smooth muscles of internal organs,
- painful menstruation (algomenorrhea),
- pain syndrome spastic character along the intestine,
- symptomatic therapy for neuralgia, myalgia, pain in the joints.
As an adjunct, the drug is used to reduce pain after diagnostic, surgical interventions. If necessary, Spazgan is prescribed to eliminate hyperthermia (elevated body temperature) in infectious and inflammatory diseases.
- Prostatic hyperplasia with a tendency to retain urine.
- Intestinal obstruction, megalocon.
- Inhibition of bone marrow hematopoiesis.
- Unstable angina.
- Stable angina.
- Chronic heart failure decompensation stage.
- Angle-angle glaucoma.
- Deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase.
- Hypersensitivity to pyrazolone derivatives (tribune, butadione), auxiliary components.
- Severe impairment of hepatic and renal function.
- Lactation period.
- Pregnancy (especially the first trimester, the last 6 weeks).
- Children age up to six years.
With caution, use the drug Spazgan in patients with liver / kidney dysfunction, with bronchospasm, susceptibility to arterial hypotension (systolic blood pressure below 100 mm Hg), individual hypersensitivity to nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, non-narcotic analgesics.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
Tablets or solution for injection is not used during pregnancy and lactation. Its use increases the risk of abortion in early pregnancy and preterm late trimester birth.
During lactation, the drug can be used only if for the period of taking the drug the baby is transferred to artificial mixtures.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use, Spazgan tablets are taken orally, preferably after meals.
The dose and period of treatment prescribed by the attending physician on the basis of clinical indications, taking into account the age of the patient.
- Patients older than 14 years: 1-2 pcs. 3-4 times a day no more than 5 days. The daily dose should not exceed 8 pcs .;
- adolescents 12-14 years: 1-1.5 pcs. no more than 4 times a day;
- children 8-11 years: 1 pc. no more than 4 times a day.
The use of pills and Spazgan solution may cause dry mouth, allergic reactions, malignant exudative erythema (including Stevens-Johnson syndrome), burning sensations in the epigastric region, headache, dizziness, tachycardia, lowering blood pressure, cyanosis, urine staining in red color, toxic epidermal necrolysis (Lyell's syndrome).
Long-term therapy can cause a violation of the hematopoietic system in the form of leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, agranulocytosis.
In addition, the use of the solution may cause the following side effects:
- Possible: risk of developing bronchospasm in susceptible patients;
- rarely: usually, when high doses are prescribed or prolonged therapy, renal impairment occurs: anuria, oliguria, interstitial nephritis, proteinuria;
- very rarely: decreased sweating, paresis of accommodation, difficulty urinating;
- local reactions: with intramuscular injection, an infiltrate may appear at the injection site.
Accompanied by the following symptoms: vomiting, seizures, dry mouth, changes in sweating, disturbed accommodation, low blood pressure, drowsiness, confusion, and functional disorders of the liver and kidneys.
- symptomatic therapy is prescribed;
- carry out gastric lavage;
- apply activated carbon.
Before you start using the drug, read the specific instructions:
- During the period of drug treatment is not recommended to take ethanol.
- Intolerance is very rare, but the threat of anaphylactic shock after intravenous drug administration is relatively higher than after ingestion of the drug.
- In patients with atopic bronchial asthma and pollinosis, the risk of allergic reactions increases.
- Parenteral administration of the drug should be used only in cases where ingestion is impossible or the absorption from the gastrointestinal tract is impaired.
- Special care must be taken when introducing more than 2 ml of solution (there is a risk of a sharp decrease in blood pressure).
- With long-term (more than a week) treatment, control of the pattern of peripheral blood and the functional state of the liver is necessary.
- If you suspect agranulocytosis or in the presence of thrombocytopenia, you must stop taking the drug.
- The use of the drug for the relief of acute abdominal pain is unacceptable until the elucidation of the cause of the disease.
- For i / m injection, you must use a long needle.
- When treating children under the age of 5 years and patients receiving cytostatics, the use of metamizole sodium should be carried out only under medical supervision.
- Possible staining of urine in red due to the release of the metabolite (has no clinical value).
- In / in the injection should be carried out slowly, in the position of the patient lying and under the control of blood pressure, heart rate and respiratory rate.
Interaction with other drugs
When using the drug, you must consider the interaction with other drugs:
- Ethanol - enhancing the effects of ethanol.
- Cyclosporine - may decrease the concentration of cyclosporine in the blood.
- Oral hypoglycemic agents, indirect anticoagulants, GCS and indomethacin - Metamizole sodium displace these agents from the association with proteins, as a result of which their severity of action can be increased.
- Tiamazol and cytostatics - increased risk of leukopenia.
- Drugs with myelotoxic effect: increased hematotoxic effect of the drug.
- Codeine, histamine H2 receptor blockers, propranolol - enhancing the effect of the drug due to slowing down the inactivation of metamizole sodium.
- Histamine H1 receptor blockers, butyrophenones, phenothiazines, tricyclic antidepressants, amantadine, and quinidine — may increase m-anticholinergic blocking action.
- Chlorpromazine or other derivatives of phenothiazine - possible development of severe hyperthermia.
- Non-narcotic analgesics, tricyclic antidepressants, oral hormonal contraceptives and allopurinol increase the drug's toxicity.
- Phenylbutazone, barbiturates and other inductors of microsomal enzymes reduce the effectiveness of metamizole sodium.
- Sedatives and anxiolytics (tranquilizers) - enhancing the analgesic action of metamizole sodium.
- Radiocontrast drugs, colloidal blood substitutes and penicillin - combination with drugs containing metamizole sodium should not be used.
- The injection solution is pharmaceutically incompatible with other drugs.
We offer you to read the reviews of people who used the drug Spazgan:
- Anna. Spazgan at monthly I take one pill. Immediately stop severe pain in the lower abdomen, nausea. The price of the drug is affordable, with adverse events has never faced. However, I will immediately clarify that such an antispasmodic with time can cause the effect of addiction, and then you have to look for a new way to get rid of pain.
- Olga Perfectly helps with menstrual pain, but if you have time to take a pill, until the pain began in full force. If I didn’t have time, only something killer like “Ketanova” will help me. In order not to use “Ketans” and other such too serious preparations, I just drink my savior, Spazgan, in time.
- Irina. This medicine did not help me from a strong toothache, although the dentist did a shot in the gum. The analgesic effect is weak and almost imperceptible. So I had to look for a replacement - Spazmalgon helped, although the composition was almost identical. So in this case, each of his painkiller is suitable - you can not guess.
Structural analogues of the active substance:
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
The shelf life of the drug is indicated on the packaging. The solution for injection should be stored in a cool dark place for no more than 2 years. Tablets can be stored at room temperature for 3 years from the date of production.