Mucofalk is a phytopreparation laxative, produced in the form of granules for the preparation of suspensions.
It is indicated for constipation, anal fissures, hemorrhoids, diarrhea, and other functional bowel diseases. The planetary oval seed fibers that make up the preparation contribute to the accumulation of water in the gastrointestinal tract, thereby increasing the volume and softening the fecal mass.
Mukofalk normalizes the work of the small and large intestines, facilitating the evacuation of intestinal contents.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released without a doctor's prescription.
How much is Mukofalk? The average price in pharmacies is at the level of 500 rubles.
Release form and composition
Mukofalk is produced in the form of orange granules for the preparation of oral suspension: light brown with inclusions in the form of brown parts of the rind and adjacent shell cells of dried seeds of Plantago ovata Forssk (plantain oval) (5 g each in bags of laminated material; in a cardboard box 20 bags).
- Active ingredient: Plantago ovata Forssk seed coat powder - 3.25 g in 1 sachet.
Auxiliary components: citric acid, sodium citrate, sodium alginate, sucrose, sodium chloride, dextrin, orange flavoring, sodium saccharinate.
Mukofalk is based on the plantain seeds, which contain the so-called hydrophilic fibers. These hydrophilic fibers in the gastrointestinal tract absorb water and then swell. Plantain seed fibers differ in that they are able to absorb a large amount of water. This amount is about 40 times the proper weight of hydrophilic fibers.
After the fibers swell, the intestinal contents increase. At the same time there is a softening of feces. Hydrophilic fibers also have the properties to stimulate intestinal motility. This greatly facilitates the excretion of feces.
In this case Mukofalk is not absorbed into the bloodstream, and with prolonged use does not cause any addiction.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, the use of Mucofalk is shown as a laxative for chronic constipation caused by various reasons:
- tumor formations, scars, polyps on the intestinal walls;
- arbitrary detention of defecation;
- diseases of the digestive system;
- unbalanced nutrition;
- taking certain medications.
The drug is recommended for use in situations where it is necessary to ensure a soft bowel movement - with irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, if there are cracks in the area of the anus, after surgery. In addition, the drug is used as an adjunct in diarrhea of any type - infectious, allergic, provoked by alcohol, food poisoning, poor diet, vitamin deficiency, psychogenic factors, etc.
Due to the ability to remove toxins and slags, the drug can be used to reduce excess weight, eliminate cholesterol.
The drug is contraindicated for the reception:
- Intestinal obstruction;
- Decompensated diabetes;
- Organic strictures of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Age up to 12 years;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
During the taking of the drug by women during pregnancy or during breastfeeding, negative side effects were not detected.
Dosage and method of use
The instructions for use indicate that Mucofalk is prescribed orally, for adults and children over 12 years old - 1 sachet or 1 teaspoon 2-6 times / day.
Before use, 1 bag or 1 teaspoon of granules is poured into a glass, which is slowly filled with cold water (150 ml), stirred and immediately drunk, then washed down with another glass of liquid.
Side effects during treatment with Mucofalk may be the following:
- Increased flatulence (manifested in the first days of therapy and does not require discontinuation of the drug).
- Allergic reactions that usually occur in patients with hypersensitivity to the components.
- Congestion feeling caused by swelling of fecal masses and receptor irritation.
Symptoms of overdose can be abdominal pain, a feeling of overcrowding in the intestines. If such discomfort occurs, additional fluid intake and early emptying are recommended.
Before you start using the drug, read the specific instructions:
- When taking the drug should drink at least 1.5 liters of fluid per day.
- It is necessary to observe the interval of 30-60 minutes between taking Mukofalk and other drugs.
- It should not be prescribed simultaneously with antidiarrheal drugs, as well as drugs that suppress intestinal motility.
During treatment with Mucofalc in patients with insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus, it may be necessary to reduce the insulin dose.
We picked up some reviews of people taking the drug Mukofalk:
- Valentine. It helped me a lot from constipation. Everyday, soft stool while you drink it. Then everything returns. Well, I think if you drink it for a long time, everything will get better. Although it is a very expensive drug. As it seems, there is no plantain in Russia.
- Doctor Catherine. A wonderful herbal medicine in the treatment of functional constipation and in the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome with constipation. Gives a predictable effect. I also use it in treating patients with a tendency to diarrhea, but through individual dose selection. The drug was well tolerated by patients, there were no side effects in my practice.
- Victoria. I was poisoned with something, and I had a terrible diarrhea that could not be eliminated. Found reviews on the Internet that will help Mukofalk with diarrhea. I ordered the granules, drank on the first day, and felt the effect almost instantly. The diarrhea was stopped, and since then I have always kept this tool at hand to be prepared for surprises.
- Anton. Laxative doesn't help me. I have been having colitis for 20 years, I tried everything I could. Doctors say that in my case, we need stronger medicines. I know about properties of plantain for a long time. I just take a finished box of grass at the pharmacy, brew and take half a cup 3-4 times on a thin stomach.
Mukofalk is not a cheap tool, so many patients want to know what can be bought cheaper.
List of substitutes that are cheaper:
- Fibralax - (plantain husk of plantain), 5 mg number 20, granules. The cost of 390 rubles.;
- Phytotransit - (base - seaweed kelp), the Russian drug from the company Evalar. The cost of 129 rubles.;
- Senadexin - tablets number 10, containing the extract from the plant senna. The drug can also be taken during pregnancy and on reaching. 12 years of age. Price - from 25 rubles.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Store in a dry place out of reach of children at a temperature up to 25 ° C.
Shelf life - 3 years.