Lorinden is a tool of the last generation that copes with numerous external lesions of inflammatory, infectious and fungal nature.
Also this is true for cases that are accompanied by hyperkeratosis and periodic itching. Lorinden C is also used against seborrheic and atopic dermatitis, allergic contact dermatitis, lichen erythematosus, cutaneous lupus erythematosus, polymorphic erythema.
The drug has three main varieties, each of which has certain medicinal properties and can be used in the treatment of a number of specific skin diseases.
Drug with antibacterial, antifungal and anti-inflammatory action for external use.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much is Lorinden C? The average price in pharmacies is 400 rubles.
Release form and composition
There are two types of the drug Lorinden - ointment A and C.
The first is an anti-inflammatory drug with keratolytic action for outdoor use. The second is an antibacterial agent with antifungal, anti-inflammatory effect, is also used topically for allergic diseases. Both drugs contain flumethasone in the form of pivalate salt.
Two formats of Lorinden ointment differ in composition and functional action. Detailed description of each:
|Ointment C||Ointment A|
|Description||Oily ointment of white color with yellow or gray shades||Oily soft white ointment with a yellow tint|
|The concentration of flumethasone pivalate, mcg per 1 g||200||200|
|The concentration of clioquinol, mg per 1 ml||30||0|
|Salicylic acid concentration, mg per 1 g||0||30|
|Composition||White Beeswax, Vaseline||Lanolin, propylene glycol, petrolatum|
|Packaging||Aluminum tubes of 15 g in a carton box with instructions for use|
The drug has antibacterial, antifungal and anti-inflammatory effects for external use.
- Clioquinol (iodochloroxiquinoline) is active against dermatophytes, yeast fungi and gram-positive bacteria. Strengthens antiexudative effect of flumethasone.
- Flumetazon has anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic, antipruritic, anti-edema and vasoconstrictor action. Reduces inflammatory exudate and production of lymphokines, inhibits macrophage migration, reduces infiltration and granulation. Reduces the production of prostaglandins and leukotrienes. The drug causes a reduction in the basic substance of the connective tissue, weakens proliferative and exudative reactions in the skin.
The active ingredients in the interaction suppress the development of inflammatory and allergic reactions of the skin, complicated by bacterial and fungal infections. Oily base has a softening effect, creates a waterproof protective film on the surface of the skin, so that the drug can be used in patients with dry and thin skin.
Indications for use
According to the data in the instructions for Lorinden A, this drug is intended for the treatment of acute and chronic allergic dermatosis, especially accompanied by excessive keratinization of the skin. In particular, it is used for:
- Red Warty;
- Red lichen;
- Pruritus with severe lichenization (compaction and roughness of the skin);
- Exudative erythema multiforme;
- Cystic skin diseases (as part of combination therapy);
- Discoid lupus erythematosus;
- Atopic dermatitis;
- The chronic lixena of Vidal;
- Diffuse neurodermatitis;
- Various forms of chronic and subacute eczema (especially horny);
- Chronic dyshidrosis;
- Otitis outdoor;
- Insect bites.
Loriden C is contraindicated in the following cases:
- trophic ulcers of the legs caused by varicose veins;
- precancerous conditions and skin neoplasms (atheroma, nevus, skin cancer, hemangioma, melanoma, xanthoma, epithelioma, sarcoma);
- skin vaccine reactions;
- pink and acne vulgaris;
- skin symptoms of syphilis;
- perioral dermatitis;
- skin infections;
- viral skin diseases (chickenpox, herpes);
- first trimester of pregnancy;
- children up to 10 years;
- idiosyncrasy of active substances or auxiliary components.
With caution prescribed during pregnancy in the second and third trimester, as well as during breastfeeding.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
During the period of childbearing, care should be taken: although the active substance does not accumulate in the skin and does not penetrate the placental barrier, it is necessary to control the treatment process. Lactation is also not an obstacle to the use of Loriden: the absence of its penetration into breast milk allows you to use this drug without fear for the health of the baby.
Dosage and method of use
The instructions for use indicate that Lorinden C ointment is applied with a thin layer on the skin in the affected area. At the beginning of therapy, the drug should not be used more than 2-3 times a day; with the appearance of positive dynamics 1-2 times / day.
- The drug should not be used for more than 2 weeks.
- It is not recommended to use per day more than 2 g of ointment.
- If necessary, use with a bandage should use a bandage that allows air to pass through. With excessive lichenisation and hyperkeratosis, the ointment is used only under an occlusive dressing 1 time in 24-48 hours. In this case, the duration of use of the drug is not more than 1 week.
In children and adolescents over 10 years old, the drug can be used only in exceptional cases on limited skin areas and avoid applying ointment to the skin of the face.
During the use of the drug Lorinden C, there may be side effects such as acne, dry skin, atrophy of the subcutaneous fat, alopecia, excessive hair growth, discoloration or hyperemia of the skin, perioral dermatitis, inflammation of hair follicles or impaired integrity of the skin.
In the case of Lorinden C with occlusive dressing increases the likelihood of systemic side effects, such as hypertension, puffiness or secondary infection.
With prolonged use of the drug in high doses overdose is possible. Its symptoms can be a sharp increase in side effects of the drug. There is no specific treatment for an overdose of Lorinden C. Symptomatic treatment is recommended.
Before you start using the drug, read the specific instructions:
- Apply Lorinden C on the skin is not recommended, you should also avoid getting ointment in the eye.
- With prolonged therapy, the development of microflora resistance to the action of the active substance of the drug (clioquinol) is possible.
- Do not use the drug longer than the recommended period, because long-term use of Lorinden C over large areas of the skin increases the risk of systemic side effects of glucocorticosteroids.
- When atrophic skin changes, especially in elderly patients, Lorinden C should be used with caution.
- In case of fungal diseases with secondary allergic reactions, the ointment should be used under medical supervision in exceptional cases.
- In cases of development of secondary infections at the place of use of the drug, it is necessary to use products with a more pronounced antifungal or antibacterial effect.
Due to the fact that Lorinden C has an immunosuppressive effect, during treatment it is impossible to carry out immunization and vaccination.
Ointment should not be administered simultaneously with other drugs for external use.
Flumethasone reduces the effectiveness of anticoagulants, antihypertensive and hypoglycemic drugs, reduces the concentration of praziquantel and salicylates in blood serum.
In the case of joint use, Lorinden C increases the risk of side effects of the following drugs: cardiac glycosides (digitalis intoxication); diuretics (hypokalemia); oral contraceptives, androgens, estrogens, anabolic steroids (hirsutism, acne); antipsychotics, azathioprine, bucarban (cataract); tricyclic antidepressants, antihistamines, nitrates, anticholinergics (glaucoma).
We picked up some reviews of people who used Lorinden C ointment:
- Anna. Everything worked out pretty banal for me: the allergy got out on the laundry detergent (I decided to try a new one, on my head, or rather, my hands)) itching is intolerable, red spots, peeling. I turned to a dermatologist immediately, as I try to monitor my health and not bring it to complications. because the sooner you take measures to eliminate the problem, the faster and easier the recovery will come. I was prescribed both antihistamines, vitamins, and Lorinden S. the treatment took a little more than a week, the skin cleared perfectly, Lorinden not only pleasantly cooled the skin, it also “cleaned” the itch pretty quickly, the peeling spots later also disappeared . I hope that this will not happen to me again), although I recovered pretty quickly, but it is better not to get sick at all).
- Elizabeth. I never thought to what extent my sensitive skin. Especially on the arms and stomach. In childhood, there was a problem with allergic rashes from tomatoes. Then they were treated with iodine, and it was unpleasant. Now any irritation or acne is curing “Lorinden C”. I like that it does not have an overly greasy structure and a disgusting aroma. On the contrary, the smell is almost neutral, there is no color, which makes it possible to smear the face / lips. Blisters from allergens on the chest / neck / abdomen, pimples on the hands from the nerves and even the initial herpes on the lips I treat with ointment “Lorinden S” and recommend it to everyone with sensitive skin!
Full analogs of Lorinden A and C do not exist, therefore they are unique drugs with an active complex of substances. Allocate indirect substitutes for medicines, similar to them in terms of therapeutic effect. Among them are the following popular drugs in the format of an ointment or cream:
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Store at temperatures up to 25 ° C out of the reach of children.
Shelf life - 3 years.