Calcium D3 Nycomed is a drug based on two main components - calcium and vitamin D3, which is also called cholocalciferol.
In turn, calcium is a vital element for teeth, bones, bone covers, and even neurotransmission in the human central and peripheral nervous systems. In addition, the drug balances the synthesis of parathyrin, a failure in the development of which can result in the appearance of periodic processes of destruction of bone tissue.
On this page you will find all the information about Calcium D3 Nycomed: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Calcium D3 Nycomed. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
The drug regulating the metabolism of calcium and phosphorus.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released without a prescription.
How much is Calcium D3 Nycomed? The average price in pharmacies is 400 rubles.
Release form and composition
The drug is produced and produced in the form of chewable tablets with a taste of lemon, orange and mint.
Orange-flavored tablets are made without shell, round shape and white color. Calcium-D3 Nycomed with an orange contains the main substances:
- calcium carbonate - 1250 milligrams;
- Vitamin D3 - 5.0 µg (200 IU);
and secondary elements:
- isomalt - 62.0 mg;
- Povidone (enterosorbent) - 36.4 mg;
- magnesium stearate - 6.00 mg;
- L-Aspartyl-L-phenylalanine - 1.00 mg;
- glucose - 390 mg;
- orange olive - 0.97 mg;
- di and monoglycerides of carboxylic fatty acids - 0.08 mg.
Products are available in boxes of 20, 50, 100 pieces per one.
The tool with a mint flavor, which is also available on the shelves of stores, the composition is completely analogous to orange pills.
The only difference between them - instead of orange oil, the drug contains peppermint flavor essence. Available in bottles of high-density polyethylene for 30 and 100 pieces.
Lemon-flavored chewable tablets are somewhat different from other species, in their composition, and, more precisely, in the amount of the content of the elements. Calcium D3 Nycomed Forte has the name.
- calcium carbonate - 1250 mg;
- equivalent to common Ca — 500 mg;
- cholecalciferol - 10.0 µg (400 IU);
- colecalciferol concentrate - 4.0 mg;
and additional elements:
- Somaltite - 49.9 mg;
- Povidone (enterosorbent) - 36.4 mg;
- magnesium stearate - 6.00 mg;
- L-Aspartyl-L-phenylalanine - 1.00 mg;
- glucose - 390 mg;
- lemon oil - 0.78 mg;
- di- and monoglycerides of carboxylic fatty acids - 0.0006 mg.
The release of funds is carried out in plastic bottles of 30, 60,120 pieces.
The drug belongs to the combined pharmaceutical preparations that regulate the exchange of calcium and phosphorus in the body and compensate for the deficiency of the main structural element.
The biochemical role of calcium lies in the physiological construction of bone tissue, the mineralization of teeth, the processes of coagulation and transmission of nerve impulses, the implementation of muscle contractions. In response to its increase in the systemic circulation, the density of bone tissue increases, and the excretion of calcium by the kidneys decreases.
Cholecalciferol is responsible for the absorption of an element in the gastrointestinal tract and its distribution in the body. Oral administration of the drug inhibits the synthesis of parathyroid hormone - a natural parathyroid hormone, which significantly affects the phosphorus-calcium metabolism. Accordingly, the amount of calcium absorbed from the digestive tube increases and its resorption (leaching) from the bones and other organs decreases.
Indications for use
Calcium D3 Nicomede tablets are indicated in such cases:
- Preventing the development of osteoporosis complications is a pathological decrease in the level of minerals in the bone tissue, which is accompanied by a significant decrease in its strength and frequent fractures.
- Treatment and prevention of conditions that are associated with an insufficient level of calcium or vitamin D3 in the body (hypovitaminosis and hypocalcemia).
The determination of the indications for taking the drug is determined by the doctor on the basis of the clinical picture and the results of an additional examination confirming the presence of a pathological process in the body.
According to the instructions Calcium D3 Nycomed can not be used for:
- severe renal failure;
- active tuberculosis;
- hypervitaminosis D;
- up to the age of three;
- high level of body sensitivity to the components included in the drug, peanuts or soy.
The drug should also not be taken to persons with phenylketonuria, because it contains aspartame, which is transformed in the body into phenylalanine.
Also, it is not recommended to take the drug to persons with glucose-galactose malabsorption, hereditary fructose intolerance, and sugar-isomaltase deficiency, because the tablets of the drug contain isomalt, sorbitol, sucrose.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Calcium and vitamin D3 are used during pregnancy to compensate for their deficiency in the body.
During pregnancy, the daily dose of the drug should not exceed 1500 mg of calcium and 600 IU of vitamin D3. Hypercalcemia against an overdose during pregnancy can have an adverse effect on the developing fetus.
The drug is used during lactation. Calcium and vitamin D3 can penetrate into breast milk, so you must consider the intake of calcium and vitamin D from other sources in the mother and baby.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that the tablets Calcium D3 Nycomed can be chewed or absorbed and taken with meals.
- Adults for the prevention of osteoporosis - 1 tab. 2 times / day; in the treatment of osteoporosis - 1 tab. 2-3 times / day.
- To fill the deficit of calcium and vitamin D in adults and children over 12 years old - 1 tab. 2 times / day, children from 5 to 12 years old - 1-2 tablets / day, children from 3 to 5 years old - dosage in accordance with the recommendations of the doctor.
Duration of treatment:
- When used for prophylaxis and in the treatment of osteoporosis, the duration of treatment is determined by the doctor individually.
- When used to compensate for calcium deficiency and vitamin D3, the average duration of treatment is at least 4-6 weeks. The number of repeated courses during the year is determined individually.
Patients with impaired liver function dose adjustment is not required.
Should not be used in severe renal failure.
Elderly patients are given the same dose as for adults. Consideration should be given to a reduction in QC.
During therapy, adverse reactions may occur:
- Allergic reactions: very rarely - skin rashes, itching, urticaria;
- Laboratory indicators: infrequently - hypercalciuria and hypercalcemia (elevated calcium in urine or blood);
- On the part of the digestive system: rarely - dysfunction of the gastrointestinal tract (increased gas formation in the intestines, abdominal pain, nausea, dyspepsia, diarrhea or constipation).
Calcium overdosage is fraught with the development of hypercalcemia, its symptoms: thirst, muscle weakness, abdominal pain, constipation, nausea, vomiting, polyuria, fatigue, anorexia, bone pain, urolithiasis, nephrocalcinosis, mental disorders. In severe cases, cardiac arrhythmias are added.
With prolonged use in excessive doses (more than 2500 mg of calcium), kidney damage and calcification of soft tissues are possible. If any of the symptoms described appear, you should stop taking Calcium-D3 Nicomed and consult a doctor. First aid for overdose involves gastric lavage, then prescribed loop diuretic (eg, furosemide), glucocorticosteroid, calcitonin and bisphosphonates, also shows the replacement of lost fluid. It is necessary to monitor diuresis, kidney function and the content of electrolytes in the blood, in severe cases, ECG monitoring and measurement of central venous pressure is required.
Hypercalcemia resulting from an overdose during pregnancy may have an adverse effect on the fetus.
- In order to avoid overdose, it is important to consider the additional intake of vitamin D from any other sources, including food.
- It is not recommended to simultaneously prescribe quinolone and tetracycline antibiotics. If the use of such combinations is reasonable, care should be taken.
- The drug should be used with caution in the treatment of patients with osteoporosis, if they are immobilized, because this category is subject to an increased risk of developing hypercalcemia.
With long-term use of the drug, it is necessary to control the level of calcium and creatinine in the blood serum, especially in elderly people who receive diuretics and / or cardiac glycosides at the same time, as well as in patients with an increased tendency to form kidney stones. If symptoms of impaired renal function appear or hypercalcemia develops, the dose of Calcium-D3 Nycomed Forte should be lowered or canceled altogether.
Calcium absorption is reduced by glucocorticosteroids, so an increase in the supplement dose may be required.
Hypercalcemia developed as a result of taking a mineral supplement can potentiate the toxic effects of cardiac glycosides. It is necessary to control the concentration of calcium in the blood serum and monitor the ECG.
Calcium reduces absorption and reduces the effectiveness of levothyroxine, so the interval between their intake should be at least 4 hours. Bisphosphonates, if necessary, are recommended to be taken no later than 1 hour before taking Calcium-D3 Nicomed.
It is not recommended to take the drug simultaneously with tetracycline antibiotics and quinolone, since their absorption is reduced. If such a combination is still necessary, it is recommended to take these drugs 2 hours before or 4-6 hours after taking Calcium-D3 Nicomed. The entire period of treatment the patient must be under close medical supervision.
The risk of hypercalcemia increases with simultaneous use of thiazide diuretics. In this case, it is necessary to regularly monitor the concentration of calcium in the serum.
We picked up some reviews of people about Calcium D3 Nycomed:
- Galina. My son is 7 years old, he went sharply in stature and began to complain of pain in his legs and arms. Plus, and began changing teeth. The doctor recommended to drink calcium. We chose “Calcium D3 Nycomed”. Very convenient form, pills taste good. The child eats with pleasure. In addition, the composition has vitamin D, which improves calcium absorption. Drank the course for 1 month. The result pleased, the pain in the bones passed. Teeth grow well. Let's take a short break and once again drink a course for prevention.
- Tatyana. I began to take this drug, and my gastritis has worsened (although I take it with food). Constipation. Meteorism ... This is not the first time, and this reaction to it literally after the second pill ... and all chondroprotectors ... ? what if, bones really need calcium and vitamin D - but the digestive tract does not “allow” them to drink.
- Dasha. I do not know how good it is in comparison with other calcium preparations, but how it came up for prevention. I do not like milk and dairy products and as I saw nails, something was missing. Self-treatment is, of course, not very correct, but has appointed the course to itself. It tastes good, looks more like candy. Now I took a break, because I don’t want a load on my kidneys. And the hair and nails began to look much better after a month of intake.
Structural analogues of the active substance:
- Calcium + Vitamin D3 Vitrum;
- Calcium D3 Classic;
- Complivit calcium D3;
- Complivit Calcium D3 for kids;
- Complivit calcium D3 forte;
- Natekal D3;
- Revital Calcium D3.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Kalcemin or Calcium D3 Nycomed - which is better?
Kalcemin is one of the most popular analogues of Calcium D3 Nycomed.
The dosage of calcium and cholecalciferol in Calcemin is an order of magnitude less than in Calcium D3 Nicomede chewable tablets, which causes fewer side effects, a sharply reduced chance of overdose. But the composition of the drug also causes a longer medical course of therapy for osteoporosis, because it is prescribed mainly for children of adolescence and women during pregnancy or during lactation.
Calcium D3 Nycomed, in turn, is much more efficient in coping with its main task - the settlement of calcium-phosphorus metabolism and the elimination of related complications.
Storage conditions and shelf life
The drug should be stored in a tightly closed vial, in a dry place inaccessible to children at a temperature not higher than 25 ° C. Shelf life - 3 years. Do not use after expiration date.