Iberogast is a plant preparation of German production, its action is aimed at normalizing the motility of the gastrointestinal tract.
In addition, the beneficial properties of plants infused with alcohol, have an anti-inflammatory effect on the intestinal wall and stomach. Patients suffering from diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, should carefully study the instructions for use of the drug. Find out what Iberogast treats, what indications exist to receive, whether there are similar substitutes, how much it costs and where to buy, whether it is possible or not to use it as the only drug.
On this page you will find all the information about Iberogast: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Iberogast. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Phytopreparation used in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released without a prescription.
How much does Iberogast cost? The average price in pharmacies is 550 rubles.
Release form and composition
Iberogast can be purchased at a pharmacy in 20 ml, 50 ml and 100 ml bottles. Available analyzed drug in the form of tincture. 100 ml of the drug contains alcoholic extracts of the following components:
- 20 ml of chamomile petals;
- 5 ml of peppermint leaves;
- 15 ml of freshly harvested bitter iberis;
- 10 ml of angelica, cumin, milk thistle roots, melissa leaves, celandine and licorice roots.
Additional elements include ethanol, the total content of which is 31% of the total mass of the preparation.
Iberogast is a complex of medicinal plants that normalizes the tone of the smooth muscles of the digestive organs, but it does not significantly wag on intestinal motility. It has anti-inflammatory, prokinetic, antispasmodic, carminative, antioxidant and tonic effect.
Due to the decrease in the secretion of hydrochloric acid by the cells of the stomach and the increase in the concentration of biologically active substances - prostaglandins and mucin, the drug fully protects the inner membrane of the stomach. Iberogast lowers the sensitivity of the intestines and regulates peristalsis.
Indications for use
According to the attached instructions, Iberogast is prescribed for disorders of the stomach and intestines that are of a functional nature and manifest with symptoms such as:
- Heaviness in the epigastric region;
- Muscle spasms;
- Violation of the nature of the chair or its instability.
As part of the complex therapeutic effects of the drug is used for gastritis, as well as gastric ulcer or intestinal ulcer.
Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
The drug Iberogast should not be used during pregnancy and during breastfeeding.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that before each use of the drug Iberogast it is necessary to vigorously shake the solution.
Drops should be taken daily, 3 times after or during meals, with a small amount of water. The duration of the course of therapy is determined by the physician on an individual basis.
- Children under 3 months. - 6 cap.
- Children 3 months. - 3 years - 8 cap.
- Children 3 - 6 years old - 10 cap.
- Children 6 - 12 years old - 15 cap.
- People over 12 years old - 20 cap.
When taking the drug side effects are rare. One of them is allergic reactions to the components of the drug.
In the Iberogast reviews it is said that there has not yet been a single case that would indicate a possible overdose of Iberogast.
- Shake the contents of the bottle before use. During storage, slight turbidity or slight precipitation may occur, which does not affect the therapeutic efficacy of the drug.
- If the severity of the disease does not decrease within 14 days of the drug use, or the symptoms worsen, or new complaints occur, the patient should consult a doctor.
- The content in the composition of the preparation of ethanol ranges from 29.5 to 32.6% (by volume). When taking 1 single dose (20 drops), the patient receives up to 0.24 g of absolute ethanol. The maximum daily dose of the drug (60 drops) contains up to 0.72 g of absolute ethanol, which is lower than the ethanol content in 200 ml of apple juice or 75 ml of kefir.
When using the drug, care should be taken when performing potentially hazardous activities that require high concentration of attention and speed of psychomotor reactions (including driving, working with moving mechanisms, the work of the dispatcher and the operator).
Interaction with other drugs is currently unknown.
It is necessary to take into account the possibility of interaction with drugs whose metabolism is carried out with the participation of the cytochrome P450 system (licorice roots, milk thistle, chamomile flowers can have an inhibitory effect on a number of cytochrome P450 isoenzymes). At the same time, these effects are dose-dependent in nature and are described when individual components are used in concentrations that exceed the recommended doses of Iberogast.
We picked up some reviews of people on the drug Iberogast:
- Alexey. Used on the recommendation of the doctor, said that the drug helps with the tract. Ten minutes after taking, I noticed sharp spasms in the intestinal area. Light rumbling and noticeable relief throughout the day. The course of reception seemed to me long. Although, in general, the result is noticeable.
- Marina. And we had dry eruptions on legs ... It was terribly tormented. We turned to a dermatologist - he said that because of the intestines (it does not work to the fullest extent, the process is only getting better, so this is a side effect in the form of a rash). Iberogast ordered the doctor for us and the baby, by the way, drank it with pleasure (although it treats drugs very negatively), and here he reminded himself that it was necessary before eating a drop! As a result, everything is more or less adjusted! Not immediately, of course, but at the end of the bubble. And since he is on the grass, it is possible to just help the intestines (only a break once a month for a week should be done, according to the doctor).
- Olga I have already found gastritis. But the diet constantly can not follow. Hence the regular problems with the stomach and intestines. In addition, sometimes I suffer from cramps and a feeling of heaviness in the stomach. One day of taking Iberogast drops gives a welcome relief. I was also pleased with the rather pleasant herbal taste of the drug. And from the minuses one can note the significant cost of such a small bottle.
Structural analogues of the active substance Iberogast has no medicine. The drug contains in its composition a unique combination of natural active substances that have no analogues.
Similar drugs on the mechanism of action are:
- Hilak Forte
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
The shelf life of the solution Iberogast is 2 years from the date of its manufacture. The drug should be stored in a dark and out of reach of children at air temperature not higher than + 25 ° C.