Dopegit is a central alpha2-adrenoreceptor stimulator, a drug that has an antihypertensive effect.
On this page you will find all the information about Dopegit: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Dopegit. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Stimulator of central alpha2-adrenergic receptors. Antihypertensive drug.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much is Dopegit? The average price in pharmacies is 220 rubles.
Release form and composition
The drug is available in the form of white or grayish-white round flat tablets containing:
- 250 mg of methyldopa (as methyldopa sesquihydrate);
- Excipients: ethylcellulose, corn starch, magnesium stearate, stearic acid, sodium carboxymethyl starch and talc.
50 tablets are sold. in brown glass vials, in carton.
Dopegin is an antihypertensive medication of central exposure. When a pill is taken orally, sympathetic tone is reduced by stimulating the central inhibitory presynaptic alpha 2 receptors. Under the influence of the drug decreases the activity of plasma renin and decreases OPS.
The active ingredient of the drug inhibits the production of norepinephrine, reduces the concentration of serotonin and adrenaline in the tissues. Methyldopa does not directly affect the heart muscle, does not provoke the development of tachycardia, as is usually the case with antihypertensive drugs. With regular use of the drug in patients, blood pressure indices decrease, both in a calm state and during slight physical exertion.
After taking the pill inside, the active active ingredient of the drug is absorbed by mucous membranes into the systemic circulation. The maximum therapeutic effect develops 6 hours after taking the drug and lasts for 12-24 hours.
Indications for use
Dopegit is prescribed for the treatment of moderate to mild arterial hypertension (including hypertension in pregnant women - the drug of choice).
According to the instructions, Dopegit is not used in the following cases:
- Hemolytic anemia;
- Cirrhosis, acute hepatitis;
- Concomitant treatment with MAO inhibitors;
- History of liver disease;
- Children's age up to three years;
- Acute myocardial infarction;
- Hypersensitivity to methyldopa or auxiliary components of the drug.
Dopegit prescribed with caution when:
- Diencephalic syndrome;
- Old age;
- Children over the age of three;
- Renal failure.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
According to the results of clinical studies, it was found that Dopegit during pregnancy in 2-3 trimesters does not lead to the development of complications. However, there were no strictly controlled studies of the effect of the drug in the third trimester, so the possibility of taking it must be addressed with the doctor who can relate the benefits to the mother and the child and the perceived risks.
During the study of the health status of children whose mothers took Dopegit during pregnancy after the 26th week, no adverse effects were identified.
The active substance of the drug is excreted in breast milk, so Dopegit during lactation is prescribed only after a thorough assessment of the possible benefits to the mother and the existing risk to the health of the child.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that Dopegit tablets are taken orally before or after meals. Dosing regimen set individually.
- The recommended initial dose for adults in the first 2 days of therapy is 250 mg 2-3 times / day. Then the dose can be gradually increased or decreased (depending on the degree of blood pressure reduction). The duration of the intervals between increasing and decreasing the dose of the drug should be at least 2 days. Since within 2-3 days after the start of therapy, as well as with a subsequent increase in the dose, a side sedative effect of the drug may be observed, it is recommended to first increase the evening dose of the drug.
- The standard maintenance dose is 0.5-2 g / day. This dose is divided into 2-4 doses. The maximum daily dose of the drug should not exceed 3 g. In cases where the background of taking the drug in a dose of 2 g / day is not sufficiently effective reduction in blood pressure, it is recommended to combine Dopegit with other antihypertensive drugs. After 2-3 months of therapy, tolerance to methyldopa can develop. Effective reduction of blood pressure can be achieved by increasing the dose of the drug or the concomitant use of diuretics. 48 hours after stopping treatment with Dopegit, blood pressure usually returns to its original level. “The rebound effect” is not observed.
- The drug can be prescribed to patients who are already receiving therapy with other antihypertensive drugs, provided that these drugs are gradually discontinued. In such cases, the initial dose Dopegit should not exceed 500 mg / day. Increasing the dose is carried out as needed, at intervals of at least 2 days.
When using the medication in addition to the previously prescribed antihypertensive therapy, in order to ensure a smooth transition, it may be necessary to adjust the doses of antihypertensive drugs.
Children over 3 years old:
- For children, the initial dose of the drug is 10 mg / kg of body weight / day. The daily dose is divided into 2-4 doses. If necessary, the dose can be gradually increased until the desired effect is achieved. Between increasing the dose of the drug must be at least 2 days. The maximum daily dose of Dopegit is 65 mg / kg body weight / day, but not more than 3 g / day.
- Elderly patients drug is prescribed in a minimum initial dose, which should not exceed 250 mg / day. If necessary, the dose can be gradually increased. The duration of the intervals between increasing the dose of the drug is at least 2 days. The maximum daily dose of the drug Dopegit should not exceed 2 g.
- Elderly patients are more likely to have syncope. This may be due to increased susceptibility to the drug and a pronounced atherosclerotic vascular lesion. The development of fainting can be avoided by reducing the dose of the drug Dopegit.
- Methyldopa is excreted mainly by the kidneys, therefore, in the treatment of patients with impaired renal function, the dose of the drug Dopegit must be reduced. In case of mild renal failure (glomerular filtration rate - 60-89 ml / min / 1.73 m2), the interval between doses of the drug is recommended to be increased to 8 hours; in case of moderately severe renal insufficiency (glomerular filtration rate - 30-59 ml / min / 1.73 m2) - up to 8-12 h, and in case of severe renal insufficiency (glomerular filtration rate <30 ml / min / 1.73 m2) - up to 12-24 h.
- Methyldopa is removed from the body during dialysis, so it is recommended to use an additional dose of the drug 250 mg to prevent an increase in blood pressure after a hemodialysis session.
The use of Dopegita has a side effect on the patient's body at the beginning of treatment and with an increase in dose, it is manifested by general weakness, headache, psychomotor retardation, drowsiness. Then, as a rule, the condition stabilizes on its own or after a dose change.
In addition, Dopegit can sometimes cause undesirable reactions such as:
- Arthralgia, myalgia;
- Parkinsonism, paresthesia;
- Toxic epidermal necrolysis;
- Hyperprolactinemia, amenorrhea, gynecomastia;
- Drug fever, vasculitis;
- Pancreatitis, inflammation of the salivary glands, nausea, vomiting, colitis, diarrhea or constipation, cholestasis, jaundice;
- Pericarditis, progression of angina pectoris, myocarditis, congestive heart failure.
Very often, after long-term use of Dopegit, laboratory blood tests for humoral immunity give a positive response, confirming the development of drug-induced immune hemolytic anemia. Not often, the action of the drug causes leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, granulocytopenia.
When you exceed the dose Dopegita marked decrease in blood pressure, dizziness, drowsiness, bradycardia, inhibition of reactions, tremor, atony of the intestine, constipation, bloating, flatulence, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting.
To eliminate the symptoms, vomiting and gastric lavage are stimulated. Control of heart rate, water and electrolyte balance, intestinal, kidney, and brain function is shown. According to the testimony, sympathomimetics are introduced.
- For the period of taking the drug Dopegit, ethanol should be excluded.
- Urine of patients taking the drug during storage may become dark in color.
- Dopegit with infectious diseases may mask febrile syndrome.
- The appearance of hemolytic anemia and a positive direct Coombs test requires discontinuation of the drug.
- When treating Dopegite, it is recommended to monitor the picture of peripheral blood and liver function.
- The drug may affect the results of the determination of serum creatinine, uric acid, etc.
For the period of treatment with Dopegit, care should be taken when engaging in hazardous activities that require quick reactions and high concentration of attention, as well as driving a vehicle.
Particular caution requires the simultaneous use of Dopegita with the following drugs:
- Levodopa, lithium, anticoagulants, ethanol and other drugs that depress the central nervous system, haloperidol, bromocriptine: changing the effects of these drugs and dopegita.
- Sympathomimetics, tricyclic antidepressants, phenothiazines, oral iron supplements, estrogen drugs, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs: reduced Dopegit anti-hypertensive effect.
- Other antihypertensive drugs, general anesthetics, anxiolytic drugs, beta-blockers, levodopa with carbidopa: increased anti-hypertensive effect Dopegita.
Dopegit simultaneously with monoamine oxidase inhibitors can not be used.
We picked up some people reviews about the drug Dopegit:
- Helena. Dopegit girls are really prescribed during pregnancy, but this is someone who has pressure. I have been taking high blood pressure since 7 months. It is clear that I did not want to take it, but here there is already a risk for the child and the mother herself. The result was a month spent on drink and at 8 months cesarean. A cesarean was done because it rose one day very much. All individually, someone drinks it to the end of pregnancy.
- Catherine. In the first trimester of pregnancy, the doctor prescribed Dopegit. I read the instructions and was horrified - so many side effects from the heart, blood vessels, central nervous system. But the gynecologist said that this is the only drug that is allowed in my position. Saw a pill for 2 months of pressure - both I and my doctor are pleased with the positive effect.
- Svetlana I was appointed by a cardiologist after childbirth, the blood pressure was 140/90 constantly. I saw the course, now it is stable 120/80 already as 3 months. There were no side effects.
Structural analogues Dopegita are drugs:
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Tablets should be kept out of the reach of children for no more than 5 years from the date of manufacture, which is indicated on the package. The optimum temperature for storage is 20 degrees.