Grandaxine is a tranquilizer that reduces anxiety levels.
The active ingredient is a benzodiazepine derivative. It is different in its characteristics from its other derivatives (atypical benzodiazepine).
Unlike many other agents in this group, Grandaxine instructions position as a strong anti-anxiety agent and a light stimulant, which has a barely noticeable sedative effect. The difference lies in the fact that when it is taken it is practically not observed anticonvulsant and muscle relaxant activity of the active substance.
On this page you will find all the information about Grandaxine: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Grandaxinum. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much does Grandaxin cost? The average price in pharmacies is 450 rubles.
Release form and composition
The release form - 50 mg tablets. 2 or 6 blisters of 10 tablets along with the instruction are placed in a separate cardboard box.
- 1 tablet contains 50 mg of tofizopam, auxiliary substances are stearic acid, magnesium stearate, gelatin, talc, complex carbohydrates (lactose monohydrate, potato starch, microcrystalline cellulose).
Externally, Grandaxin is a round, flat, disc-shaped tablets of white color, sometimes with a grayish tinge, a chamfer is present, with a risk on one side of the tablet and the inscription "GRANDAH" on the other hand, has almost no odor.
Grandaxine - benzodiazepine tranquilizer series. The main action is anxiolytic (calming). Unlike other benzodiazepine tranquilizers, it has no sedative, hypnotic, muscle relaxant, anticonvulsant effects.
The drug regulates psychovegetic, relieves from various vegetative disorders. It has a moderate stimulating effect. These pharmacological properties cause the drug to belong to daytime anxiolytics. Due to the lack of muscular-relaxing effect, the agent can be taken in patients with myasthenia gravis and myopathy.
The atypicality of the chemical formula Tofizopam, which is very different from the structure of the classical benzodiazepine anxiolytics, gives the drug several advantages:
- in a therapeutic dose does not enhance the effect of ethanol;
- does not cause withdrawal syndrome;
- does not cause mental or physiological addiction.
The mechanism of action is associated with a stimulating effect on the benzodiazepine receptors in the brain. Their excitement leads to an increase in the sensitivity of the GABA receptors to the neurotransmitter. As a result, chlorine channels begin to work more efficiently, hyperpolarization of the membranes of nerve cells increases, and neural activity is reduced.
Indications for use
What helps? Grandaxine is used to treat:
- Premenstrual syndrome;
- Alcohol withdrawal syndrome;
- Cardialgia (both as a monotherapeutic agent and in combination with other drugs);
- Reactive (psychogenic) depression with moderately pronounced psychopathological symptoms;
- Serious mental post-traumatic disorders associated with a single traumatic situation or systematically repeated episodes;
- Neuroses and pseudo-neurotic conditions (neuropsychiatric disorders that are characterized by emotional stress, a moderate increase in anxiety, apathy, decreased activity, the appearance of obsessive experiences, autonomic disorders);
- Neurogenic muscular atrophy, myopathy, myasthenia and other pathological conditions that are accompanied by secondary neurotic symptoms and in which anxiolytics (tranquilizers) are contraindicated, which have a pronounced muscle relaxant effect;
- Pathological menopause (in the annotation it is indicated that in menopausal syndrome, the drug can be administered both as an independent agent and as an adjunct to hormonal therapy).
Contraindications to taking medication are:
- Decompensated respiratory failure.
- The period of pregnancy (in particular, I trimester) and breastfeeding (lactation).
- Hypersensitivity to the active substance or other auxiliary components of the drug.
- Conditions accompanied by aggressiveness, irritability, marked psychomotor agitation or depression.
- Combined use with cyclosporine, sirolimus, tacrolimus.
- Congenital lactase deficiency, galactose intolerance, or malabsorption of galactose and glucose (Grandaxine contains lactose monohydrate).
- Syndrome stop breathing in a dream (existing in the patient's history).
Grandaxine is prescribed with extreme caution in: acute respiratory failure in the patient's history, epilepsy, angle-closure glaucoma, decompensated chronic respiratory distress, organic brain damage (for example, in atherosclerosis).
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Grandaksin is contraindicated for use in the first trimester of pregnancy and during lactation (breastfeeding).
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that the dosage of Grandaxine is determined individually, taking into account the patient's condition, the clinical form of the disease and individual sensitivity to the drug.
- Usually, adults are prescribed 50-100 mg (1-2 tab.) 1-3 times / day.
- In case of irregular use 1-2 tab.
- The maximum daily dose is 300 mg.
Elderly patients and patients with renal insufficiency reduce the daily dose by about 2 times.
The use of Grandaxine can cause the following side effects from the central nervous system:
- Psychomotor agitation;
- Seizures (in patients with epilepsy);
- Increased irritability.
Grandaxine can cause the following side effects on the part of the digestive system:
- Dry mouth;
- Cholestatic jaundice (in some cases);
- Decreased appetite;
- I'll screw up
On the part of the respiratory system, the use of Grandaxine can lead to respiratory depression, the musculoskeletal system - to muscle pain and muscle tension.
Along with the use of the drug, in some cases allergic reactions are manifested in the form of exanthema (including scarlet-like exanthema) and pruritus.
When administered Grandaxin in high doses (50-120 mg / kg body weight) symptoms of depression of the central nervous system functions can be observed: clouded consciousness, vomiting, depression of the respiratory center and / or epileptic seizures, coma.
When expressed suppression of the functions of the central nervous system should not induce vomiting. Recommended gastric lavage. The appointment of activated carbon reduces the absorption of the drug. It is necessary to constantly monitor the main physiological parameters and conduct appropriate symptomatic therapy. Respiratory depression is an indication for mechanical ventilation. The introduction of CNS stimulants is not recommended.
Hypotension is preferably eliminated by intravenous administration of fluids and placing the patient in the Trendelenburg position. If these measures do not lead to normalization of blood pressure, the introduction of norepinephrine (norepinephrine) or dopamine is allowed. The effectiveness of dialysis and forced diuresis has not been proven. In emergency cases, it is possible to use flumazenil, a specific benzodiazepine antagonist, but its use in the overdose of tofisopam has not been sufficiently studied.
- Avoid alcohol during treatment with this drug.
- Each Grandaxine tablet contains 92 mg of lactose, which should be considered in patients with lactose intolerance.
- In patients with epilepsy, tofisopam may increase the threshold of convulsive readiness.
- It should be borne in mind that in patients with mental retardation, elderly patients, patients with impaired renal and / or liver function more often than other patients, side effects may occur.
- Care must be taken in treating patients with depersonalization, as well as with organic brain damage (for example, with atherosclerosis).
- Tofizopam is not recommended for chronic psychosis, phobias or obsessive states. In these cases, the risk of suicidal attempts and aggressive behavior increases. Therefore, Grandaxine is not recommended as monotherapy for depression or depression accompanied by anxiety.
Grandaxine does not significantly reduce the attention and ability to concentrate.
The interaction of drugs can occur with drugs that have been taken earlier, and with those that are planned to be taken in the future. Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you are currently taking or have recently taken any medication, even if you are not on a prescription. If you need to start taking any other drug (especially if it acts on the central nervous system) during treatment with Grandaxin or within one month after completion of treatment, please inform your doctor about treatment with Grandaxinum.
Caution (medical supervision) is necessary if Grandaxine tablets are taken simultaneously with the following drugs:
- if you are taking medications that affect the central nervous system (for example, sedatives, drugs to treat depression, epilepsy, allergies, states of psychosis, general anesthesia, hypnotics), immunosuppressive drugs, anti-coagulants, antifungal drugs, anti-arrhythmic drugs, heart drugs glycosides (eg, digoxin), antihypertensive drugs, antacids and oral contraceptives, be sure to inform your doctor. Also inform if you are constantly drinking alcoholic beverages.
In these cases, it may be necessary to have direct medical supervision or an adjustment in the dose of concurrently taken drugs.
We picked up some reviews of people about Grandaxin:
- Marina. Saw him once at a time of great stress. He really helps, muffles emotions, everything happens a little bit as if not with you. Saw for several days, then I noticed that the action was not so strong, either the body was used, or stressful emotions were perceived differently, and I stopped taking it.
- Nastya. It really helped in the moment of an unpleasant life situation. Removes obsessive experiences that make it difficult to rest at night. In general, improves mood, there is no sleepiness and lethargy. Well suited to those who have heart problems, to worry less. For severe cases will not work, but with mild depression and a decrease in mood just right. Naturally, without the recommendation of a doctor can not be taken.
- Julia. These tablets were attributed to my husband - after a succession of career failures, my nerves got really naughty. Already bought the medicine, and he somewhere read that Grandaxin can affect the potency - and not in any drink! Although I found information that no such influence was noted, this is not an argument for him. I had to go to the doctor - ask to appoint an acceptable counterpart.
- Karina. Great drug! For my family it turned out to be absolutely free! Mom after a thyroid operation saw, sister during postpartum severe depression, I sometimes drink a pill under some kind of tension, depressive mood, lowering vitality, etc. As my aunt says: I drank a pill and the sun shines brighter! Excellent drug, it is a pity that the prescription! Sometimes one pill would be enough just to not get into depression!
A complete analogue is the medicine "Tofizopam". Similar effects have analogs:
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Grandaxine is stored at room temperature and children should not be allowed to access storage. Shelf life 5 years.