Hypothiazide is a modern drug from the group of diuretics that performs diuretic and antihypertensive functions.
Its therapeutic effect is achieved by lowering the total amount of fluid in the vessels. Also, this remedy provides prevention of the appearance of stones in the urinary organs, prevents the appearance of edema, and reduces intraocular pressure.
On this page you will find all the information about Hypothiazide: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Hypothiazide. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much does Hypothiazide cost? The average price in pharmacies is 110 rubles.
Release form and composition
White or almost white round flat pills. On one side they have the engraving "H", and on the other - the risk, so that it is more convenient to share.
- Active ingredient - hydrochlorothiazide 25 or 100 mg.
- Auxiliary substances - magnesium stearate, talc, gelatin, corn starch, lactose monohydrate.
"Hypothiazide" performs 2 functions: removes excess fluid and promotes the release of harmful sodium and chlorine from the body. Hydrochlorothiazide reduces the reabsorption of sodium ions and chlorine in the renal tubules. The disadvantage of use is the excretion of beneficial potassium ions, which leads to a deficiency of the trace element.
The advantage of "hypothiazide" is the absence of addiction to the active substance. As a result, the effect of the use of the drug is not reduced.
Indications for use
What helps? High blood pressure (hypertension) is usually not alone, but along with other non-diuretic drugs. Swelling due to various causes: heart failure, acute glomerulonephritis, chronic renal failure, premenstrual syndrome in women, treatment with corticosteroids.
Hypothiazide reduces urinary calcium excretion. Because of this, it helps to prevent the formation of certain types of stones in the urinary tract.
The use of the drug "Hypothiazide" instruction prohibits:
- babies under 3 years old;
- during the lactation period;
- in the first trimester of pregnancy;
- with severe hepatic or hepatic impairment;
- with hypokalemia;
- in Addison's disease;
- with refractory hyponatremia;
- with hypersensitivity to sulfonamides and components of the drug "Hypothiazide", from which allergies can develop;
- with anuria;
- with hypercalcemia.
Caution during therapy should be observed in patients with a lack of lactose, heart ischemia, gout, hypercalcemia, liver cirrhosis, hypokalemia, hyponatremia. Under medical supervision, medication is taken by elderly patients, during 2-3 trimester of pregnancy.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Use of the drug is contraindicated in the first trimester of pregnancy. In the second and third trimesters of pregnancy, the use of the drug is possible only when the intended benefit to the mother outweighs the potential risk to the fetus.
Hydrochlorothiazide penetrates the placental barrier. There is a danger of fetal or neonatal jaundice, thrombocytopenia and other consequences.
The drug is excreted in breast milk. If necessary, the use of the drug during lactation should decide on the termination of breastfeeding.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that the dose of hypothiazide should be selected individually. With constant medical control is set to the minimum effective dose. The drug should be taken orally after meals.
- With premenstrual tension syndrome, the drug is prescribed in a dose of 25 mg / day and is used from the onset of symptoms to the onset of menstruation.
- When edematous syndrome of various genesis, the initial dose is 25-100 mg / day once or 1 time in 2 days. Depending on the clinical response, the dose may be reduced to 25-50 mg / day once or 1 time in 2 days. In some severe cases, at the beginning of treatment, it may be necessary to increase the dose of the drug to 200 mg / day.
- In hypertension, the initial dose is 25-50 mg / day once, as monotherapy or in combination with other antihypertensive drugs. For some patients, an initial dose of 12.5 mg is sufficient (both as monotherapy and in combination). It is necessary to apply the minimum effective dose not exceeding 100 mg / day. When combining Hypothiazide with other antihypertensive drugs, it may be necessary to reduce the dose of another drug to prevent excessive blood pressure reduction. Hypotensive effect is manifested within 3-4 days, but it may take 3-4 weeks to achieve the optimal effect. After the end of therapy, the hypotensive effect persists for 1 week.
- In case of nephrogenic diabetes insipidus, the usual daily dose of the drug 50-150 mg (in several doses) is recommended.
Due to the increased loss of potassium and magnesium ions in the course of treatment (the level of potassium in the serum may be <3.0 mmol / l), there is a need to replace potassium and magnesium.
Diuretic "Hypothiazide" has a number of adverse reactions for the body. They manifest themselves with uncontrolled intake of the drug or with existing prohibitions for use.
Patients often complain of:
- impaired stool;
- impaired functioning of the kidneys and liver;
- a sharp drop in blood pressure on the vessels;
- blood potassium deficiency;
- fatigue, clouding of consciousness;
- malfunction of the heart;
- feeling nauseous;
- urticaria and pruritus.
The clinical picture of overdose is manifested due to a sharp loss of electrolytes and fluid, which is manifested by the following symptoms :;
- drop in blood pressure;
- cramps in the calf muscles;
- severe weakness, apathy;
- increased concentration of urea nitrogen (more pronounced in patients with pathology of the renal system);
- anuria (as a result of hemoconcentration).
With the development of symptoms of an overdose of the drug, the patient should urgently consult a doctor. There is no specific antidote. Treatment consists of gastric lavage, oral administration of enterosorbents, and symptomatic therapy.
Regularly take blood tests for sodium, glucose, creatinine and other indicators that your doctor considers important. If your test results deteriorate, discuss with your doctor the replacement of Hypothiazide tablets, for example, with indapamide. Eat green vegetables and drink herbal tea to saturate the body with potassium.
Having started taking the medicine Hypothiazide, for 2-7 days refrain from driving vehicles and dangerous machinery. You can get behind the wheel again when you make sure that you are well tolerated by the treatment, there is no fatigue, weakness.
- With the simultaneous use of this diuretic with corticosteroid drugs increases the degree of excretion of potassium.
- The simultaneous use of hypothiazide with lithium salts can increase its toxicity and reduce renal clearance.
- Combining the aforementioned drug with cardiac glycosides can cause hypomagnesemia and hypokalemia.
- Hypothiazide in combination with amiodarone increases the likelihood of arrhythmias that are associated with hypokalemia.
- The combination of a diuretic with oral hypoglycemic drugs leads to the development of hyperkalemia and reduce the effectiveness of the latter.
- It is not recommended to take the drug simultaneously with Kolestiramin, as the combination of these drugs leads to a decrease in the absorption of hydrochlorothiazide.
We picked up some reviews from people about Hypothiazide:
- Oksana. As I started to drink these pills, almost immediately all the side shots got on the first day (My head ached, constipation, fatigue, my legs were numb. The doctor said to reduce the dose. The lesions disappeared, but the pressure increased. did not fit.
- Irina. Good diuretic. Rarely prescribed, because cheap and there is no interest of doctors. But all these imported drugs for pressure can not be compared with hypothiazide by the diuretic effect and the resulting decrease in pressure.
- Dinara Hypothiazide tablets are prescribed by the therapist for high blood pressure and excess fluid. I accept the month, while pleased with the effect. Let's see how it will continue to behave. If everything goes well, I will take it regularly.
- Yevgen. After 40 I had problems with the kidneys - urolithiasis, who, especially among men, went through this “hell” will understand me. The pain was terrible, especially when the stone begins to leave the kidney through the ureter into the bladder, such a feeling that you participated in a group beating as a victim. Hypothiazide was advised, as a diuretic, and not the most expensive, initially skeptical, but the result was positive. Nothing that had to sit under the toilet for several hours, the main thing was that the stone had passed. As for side effects, I will honestly say - I just did not pay attention with such pains.
Some women use Hypothiazide tablets for weight loss. Reviews of doctors say about the inappropriateness of such use of the drug. Body weight is reduced due to the removal of fluid from the body, gradually the weight returns. Such treatment does not affect the fat reserves, and can also be harmful as a result of dehydration and the loss of necessary substances.
A number of structural analogues (synonyms) of Hypothiazide containing the same active substance can be found in the pharmacy chain:
- Hydrochlorothiazide (table);
- Hydrochlorothiazide-Verte (caps.);
- Dichlothiazide (table);
- Apo-triazide (table);
- Hydrochlorothiazide (table);
- Hydrochlorothiazide-SAR (table).
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Keep out of reach of children, protected from light, at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C. Shelf life - 5 years.