Galvus Meth is an effective cure for type 2 diabetes, which is very popular despite its high price.
It lowers blood sugar well and rarely causes serious side effects. The active ingredients of the combined drug is vildagliptin and metformin.
On this page you will find all the information about Galvus Met: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Galvus Met. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Oral hypoglycemic drug.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much is Galvus Met? The average price in pharmacies is at the level of 1 600 rubles.
Release form and composition
Dosage form of Galvus Met - film-coated tablets: oval-shaped, with beveled edges, NVR marking on one side; 50 + 500 mg - light yellow with a faint pinkish tinge, marking on the other side of the LLO; 50 + 850 mg - yellow with a faint grayish tint, marking on the other side - SEH; 50 + 1000 mg - dark yellow with a grayish tint, marking on the other side - FLO (in blisters of 6 or 10 pcs., In a cardboard bundle 1, 3, 5, 6, 12, 18 or 36 blisters).
- 1 50 mg / 850 mg tablet contains 50 mg of vildagliptin and 850 mg of metformin hydrochloride;
- 1 50 mg / 1000 mg tablet contains 50 mg of vildagliptin and 1000 mg of metformin hydrochloride;
Excipients: hydroxypropylcellulose, magnesium stearate, hypromellose, titanium dioxide (E 171), polyethylene glycol, talc, yellow iron oxide (E 172).
The composition of the drug Galvus Met includes 2 hypoglycemic agents with different mechanisms of action: vildagliptin, belonging to the class of inhibitors of dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4), and metformin (in the form of hydrochloride) - a representative of the class of biguanides. The combination of these components allows you to more effectively control the concentration of blood glucose in patients with type 2 diabetes within 24 hours.
Indications for use
Reception Galvus Meta is shown in the following cases:
- in type 2 diabetes when other treatment options have failed;
- in case of ineffective therapy with metformin or vildagliptin as separate drugs;
- when the patient had previously used drugs with similar ingredients;
- for the complex treatment of diabetes in conjunction with other hypoglycemic drugs or insulin.
The drug was tested on conditionally healthy patients who do not have serious illnesses and serious health problems.
It is not recommended to take Galvus Met:
- Persons with intolerance to vildagliptin or to the components that make up the tablets.
- Adolescents under the age of majority. Such a warning is due to the fact that the effect of the drug has not been tested in children.
- Patients with severe impairment of the liver and kidneys. This is due to the fact that the active components of the drug can lead to the complete failure of these organs.
- People who have reached old age. Their body is worn out enough to expose it to additional loads that create substances that make up the galvus.
- Pregnant women and nursing mothers. The recommendations are based on the fact that the response of the body of this category of patients to the drug has not been studied. There is a certain risk of impaired glucose metabolism, the occurrence of congenital abnormalities and sudden death of newborns.
When the maximum dose of the drug was exceeded, no serious deviations in human health were observed.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
There are insufficient data on the use of Galvusmet in pregnant women. Animal studies of vildagliptin revealed reproductive toxicity at high doses. In animal studies of metformin, this effect has not been shown. Studies of combined use in animals showed no teratogenicity, but fetotoxicity was detected in doses toxic to the female. The potential risk in a person is unknown. G alvusmet should not be used during pregnancy.
It is not known whether vildagliptin and / or metformin penetrate human breast milk, therefore, Alvusmet G should not be administered to women during breastfeeding.
Studies of vildagliptin in rats at doses equivalent to more than 200 times the dose in humans did not reveal impairment of fertility and early embryonic development. Studies of the influence of Galvusmet on fertility in humans have not been conducted.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that Galvus Met used inside. The dosage regimen should be selected individually depending on the effectiveness and tolerability of therapy. When using the drug Galvus Met should not exceed the recommended maximum daily dose of vildagliptin (100 mg).
The recommended initial dose of Galvus Met should be selected, taking into account the duration of diabetes mellitus and the level of glycemia, the patient's condition and the treatment with vildagliptin and / or metformin already used in the patient. To reduce the severity of side effects from the organs of the gastrointestinal tract, characteristic of metformin, the drug Galvus Met is taken during meals.
The initial dose of Galvus Meth with vildagliptin monotherapy is ineffective:
- Treatment with Galvus Met can be started with one tablet at a dosage of 50 mg + 500 mg 2 times a day; after evaluating the therapeutic effect, the dose can be gradually increased.
The initial dose of Galvus Met with the ineffectiveness of metformin monotherapy:
- Depending on the dose of metformin already taken, treatment with Galvus Met can be started with one tablet at a dosage of 50 mg + 500 mg, 50 mg + 850 mg, or 50 mg + 1000 mg 2 times / day.
The initial dose of Galvus Met in patients who have previously received combination therapy with vildagliptin and metformin in the form of individual tablets:
- Depending on the doses already taken of vildagliptin or metformin, treatment with Galvus Met should be started with a pill as close as possible to the existing treatment, 50 mg + 500 mg, 50 mg + 850 mg or 50 mg + 1000 mg, and adjust the dose depending from efficiency.
The starting dose of Galvus Meth as the initial therapy in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus with insufficient efficacy of diet therapy and exercise:
As starting therapy, Galvus Met should be used in an initial dose of 50 mg + 500 mg 1 time / day and, after evaluating the therapeutic effect, gradually increase the dose to 50 mg + 1000 mg 2 times / day.
Combination therapy with Galvus Meth and sulfonylurea derivatives or insulin:
- The dose of the drug Galvus Met is calculated on the basis of a dose of vildagliptin 50 mg x 2 times / day (100 mg per day) and metformin at a dose equal to that previously taken as a mono-drug.
Metformin is excreted by the kidneys. Since patients over 65 years of age often have impaired renal function, the dose of Galvus Met should be adjusted in these patients based on indicators of renal function. When using the drug in patients older than 65 years, it is necessary to regularly monitor renal function.
The use of drugs and Galvus Met may affect the functioning of internal organs and the state of the body as a whole. The most common side effects are:
- aching and pains of a sharp nature in the stomach;
- allergic skin rash;
- disorders, constipation and diarrhea;
- dizziness and headaches;
- trembling limbs;
- feeling chill;
- nausea with vomiting;
- liver and pancreas disease, for example, hepatitis and pancreatitis;
- strong peeling of the skin;
- gastroesophageal reflux;
- low body resistance to infections and viruses;
- low performance and fatigue;
- the occurrence of blisters.
With a significant excess of the recommended therapeutic dose of the drug may experience nausea, vomiting, severe muscle pain, hypoglycemia and lactic acidosis (the result of the effect of metformin). In such cases, the drug is stopped, the gastric and intestinal lavages are performed and symptomatic therapy is given.
You should not try to replace insulin injections with medication Galvus or Galvus Met. It is advisable to pass blood tests that check the work of the kidneys and liver, before starting treatment with these drugs. Repeat tests once a year or more often. Metformin needs to be canceled 48 hours before the upcoming surgery or x-ray examination with the introduction of a contrast agent.
Vildagliptin rarely interacts with other drugs.
Metformin can interact with many popular drugs, in particular, with pressure pills and thyroid hormones. Check with your doctor! Tell him about all the drugs you are taking before you are prescribed a diabetes treatment regimen.
We picked up some reviews of people about the drug:
- Natasha. I have diabetes mellitus of the initial type, sugar stably remained at around 7.5. Registered to drink Galvus Met, Glyukofazh and to observe special rules of food. Honestly, since I was diagnosed with diabetes and I began to drink pills and stick to a diet, I began to feel much better. Already in the first month, as I began to drink Galvus Met, drowsiness and constant thirst were gone. I became more cheerful, more mobile. Then I started taking Glucophage, and now I generally feel like a healthy, normal person. Two months later, Galvus Mehta measured sugar, the analysis showed 5 units. That is, it is almost the norm of a healthy person!
- Helena. Constantly buying this drug for my mom. She has been suffering from diabetes for over ten years. He suits her. With regular use of this drug, she feels much better. It happens that she will forget to buy a new pack, and the old one is over, then her condition is just awful. Blood sugar rises, and she cannot do anything, only lies until she takes this pill. I buy all the drugs to my parents, so I know that the price of this drug is acceptable, and this is a big plus.
- Anna. I would like to tell you about Galvus Met. Its distinctive feature is that it really helps, in contrast to cheaper counterparts. I accept it not for the first time and until I found anything better. Do not forget about a strict diet and do not get carried away with physical exercise - there are people who have increased blood sugar after exercise. The most important thing for me is that with taking pills I have more strength, I can do something and not feel like a limited person. Many of my friends who take it have not switched to insulin, and this is very cool.
If we compare the composition and results of treatment, then the active ingredients and therapeutic efficacy analogs can be:
- Nova Met;
- Formin Pliva.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Store in a place protected from moisture at temperatures up to 30 ° C. Keep out of the reach of children.
Shelf life - 1 year 6 months.