Valokardin - a sedative drug group, related to the combined type of funds.
The main components of the drug are valocardine, ethyl bromovaleriate and phenobarbital, as well as peppermint essential oil, which has anesthetic, vasodilating effect. This type of medicine is effectively used in the case of various manifestations of cardiovascular diseases and disorders of the nervous system.
On this page you will find all the information about Valocordin: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Valocordin. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
It has a sedative and antispasmodic effect ...
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released without a prescription.
How much is Valocordin? The average price in pharmacies is 190 rubles.
Release form and composition
Valocordin in drops is a clear liquid with a pronounced odor.
The composition of Valocordin includes several active ingredients:
- Ethyl ether or ethyl bromosovariate. This substance has a sedative effect, a slight hypnotic effect, relieves spasm;
- Phenobarbital - suppresses the activity of the central nervous system, due to which it is possible to relieve emotional tension.
Among the auxiliary components are hop oil and mint, ethanol, purified water.
The therapeutic effect of the use of Valocordin is due to the pharmacological properties of its components.
Phenobarbital has a vasodilating (vasodilator), sedative (sedative) effect and a mild sedative effect. Under its influence decreases the excitation of the central nervous system, as well as create optimal conditions for natural sleep.
Ethylbromosovaleanate also has a sedative and hypnotic effect. This component has an antispasmodic effect. Mint oil has a reflex antispasmodic and vasodilating activity.
Indications for use
Valocordinum is prescribed for the following diseases / conditions:
- Neurosis, accompanied by anxiety, irritability and fear;
- Functional disorders of the cardiovascular system, including cardialgia and sinus tachycardia;
- Insomnia (difficulty falling asleep);
- State of excitement with pronounced vegetative reactions.
It can not be used in the following conditions:
- in case of serious pathological processes in the kidneys or liver;
- during pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- with individual intolerance to individual components of the drug;
- with acute or chronic hepatic porphyria;
- in chronic alcoholism, epilepsy;
- with traumatic brain injuries and any diseases of the brain, which reduces the seizure threshold.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
It is strictly contraindicated to take medication during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that Valocordin is taken orally, before meals, 15-30 caps, pre-dissolved in a small amount (30-50 ml) of water, 2-3 times a day. A single dose if necessary (for example, with tachycardia) can be increased to 40-50 cap.
Children - 3-15 drops per day (depending on the age and clinical picture of the disease).
The duration of the drug is determined by the doctor individually.
In general, the drug is well tolerated by patients, but in some cases the following side effects may develop:
- Respiratory system: hypoventilation, apnea.
- Digestive system: nausea, vomiting, constipation.
- Cardiovascular system: bradycardia, lowering blood pressure, fainting.
- Nervous system: agitation, confusion, hyperkinesia, ataxia, CNS depression, nightmares, nervousness, mental disturbances, hallucinations, insomnia, anxiety, dizziness
- Other reactions: headache, allergic reactions (angioedema, skin rash, exfoliative dermatitis), fever, liver damage.
With prolonged use of large doses may develop chronic bromine poisoning, manifestations of which are: depressive mood, apathy, rhinitis, conjunctivitis, hemorrhagic diathesis, impaired coordination of movements.
An overdose of the drug can cause the following deviations:
- vascular collapse;
- to whom;
- psychomotor disorders;
- pressure reduction.
In such cases, symptomatic therapy is required; charcoal tablets should be taken before the doctor arrives.
Due to the content of phenocarbital and ethanol in the composition of Valocordin, the patient may be unable to respond quickly in a particular situation, for example, while driving or on the street. This is especially pronounced when taken together with drinks containing alcohol.
If the drug must be prescribed during lactation, the question of stopping breastfeeding at the time of treatment is decided.
With long-term use of Valocordin, drug dependence may form, the accumulation of bromine in the body and the development of poisoning are also possible.
When combined appointment with sedative drugs, as well as ethanol - enhancing effects. Accelerates metabolism and reduces the effect of coumarin derivatives, GCS, griseofulvin, oral contraceptive drugs. Increases the toxicity of drugs containing methotrexate.
We picked up some feedback from people about Valocordin:
- Oksana. At home, there is such a drug, as my mother takes periodically to calm the nervous system and get rid of depression. In the spring and autumn, our body is more susceptible to stress and distress. Here in such periods she uses it more often, without abusing. Components have relaxing, sedative effects. But constantly take Valocordin is not recommended.
- Eugene. I have never used such drugs, but after I was promoted at work, then responsibility was added, as well as the fear of screwing up somewhere. I work until late, settling conflicts, in other words stress on stress. Mom recommended Valocordin to me, she has been using it for a long time. The tool is available and proven, it has long been used. I've been applying it for a month already, I drip into a glass of water, 20 drops three times a day. He became noticeably calmer to respond to trouble, no longer afraid of new problems. Improved sleep. Valocordin has a slight hypnotic effect, but does not cause drowsiness. I keep it at hand at home and at work, I will not stop receiving it yet.
- Annie My job is connected with great responsibility, every day stress and anxiety. More and test knowledge are arranged twice a year. At this point, Valocordin helped me a lot, especially during the exam. I calmed down, concentrated and successfully passed without unnecessary excitement and tension. From the pharmacist I learned that in August, Valocordin in the volume of 50 ml will no longer be produced, only 20 ml will remain. I bought a few 50 ml vials in reserve; this is more profitable, especially since the shelf life of the medicine is 5 years.
- Anastasia. For a long time, I suffer from insomnia. here valokordin helps me well. I heard recently that in early August it seems they will stop the release of 50 ml bottles, only 20 ml will remain. And it is convenient for me to take in a large package, so I urgently buy them as long as I can
The equivalent of Valocordin active ingredients is the drug Corvaldin.
According to the mechanism of action, Valocordin has a large number of analogues in various dosage forms:
- Valerian tincture;
- Elixir - Klosterfrau Melisana;
- Tablets - Bromizoval, Corvalol, Valdispert, Valerian Forte, Valerian, Dormiplant, Potassium bromide, Bromocamphor, Sympile, Novo-Passit, Patrimin, Songa night;
- Drops for oral administration - Valemidin, Valeodikramen, Valerianahel, Valocormid, Doppelgerts Melissa, Corvalol, Notta, Passidorm;
- Oral solution - Valeran, Novo-Passit;
- Solution for injection - Liton.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Valocordinum should be stored at a temperature of 15 to 25 ° C in a dark place, out of reach of children. Shelf life drops - 5 years.