Valz is a drug designed to expand the walls of blood vessels and arteries.
It is mainly prescribed to patients for the normalization and maintenance of pressure. The drug is widely popular due to the positive results and rare side effects.
On this page you will find all the information about Valz: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Valz. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much does a waltz cost? The average price in pharmacies is 320 rubles.
Release form and composition
The drug is available in the form of yellow tablets (40 mg), which are covered with a film coating. The tablets are biconvex, have an oval shape, on the one hand - engraving "V", on the other hand - lateral risks. Also available are pink tablets (80 mg, 160 mg).
One tablet of Valza contains:
- Valsartan - 40 mg (80 mg or 160 mg);
- Lactose monohydrate — 21.11 mg (42.22 mg or 84.44 mg);
- Povidone K29-32 - 3.6 mg (7.2 mg or 14.4 mg);
- Microcrystalline cellulose - 18 mg (36 mg or 72 mg);
- Croscarmellose sodium - 5.4 mg (10.8 mg or 21.6 mg);
- Talc - 0.9 mg (1.8 mg or 3.6 mg);
- Magnesium stearate - 0.63 mg (1.26 mg or 2.52 mg);
- Silicon dioxide colloid - 0.36 mg (0.72 mg or 1.44 mg).
The tablets are packed in blisters of 7 pieces, in cardboard boxes - 4 blisters.
When used, Valz has a hypotensive effect. The drug is a specific angiotensin II receptor AT1 blocker that does not inhibit the angiotensin-converting enzyme.
Improving the patient's condition is observed at least 2 hours after oral administration, a maximum - after 4-6 hours. The therapeutic effect of Valza lasts for 1-2 days. The maximum reduction in blood pressure occurs in 2-4 weeks of regular use. In case of a sudden cessation of treatment with this medicine, symptoms of withdrawal syndrome are not observed. When taken inside, Walz is well and quickly absorbed. Possesses low bioavailability, perfectly contacts blood proteins.
With repeated use of the drug changes in kinetic parameters were noted. When taking the drug once a day, a slight accumulation of its active substance in the body is possible. Excreted in the bile through the intestines
Indications for use
Indications for the appointment of Valza are:
- Arterial hypertension.
- Increased survival of patients with myocardial infarction in the acute phase (period from 12 hours to 10 days), complicated by left ventricular systolic dysfunction and / or left ventricular failure, in the presence of stable hemodynamic indicators.
- Chronic heart failure (NYHA class II-IV functional class) - as part of complex treatment (except for the combination beta-blocker + ACE inhibitor + valsartan).
The use of the drug is contraindicated:
- With lactose intolerance;
- Patients with galactosemia;
- In the syndrome of impaired glucose-galactose absorption;
- Children and teenagers under 18;
- Pregnant women;
- During lactation;
- In the presence of hypersensitivity to valsartan or any auxiliary component of the drug;
- Patients with severe renal insufficiency (with CC to 10 ml / min), including those on hemodialysis;
- When abnormal liver function, if they are caused by obstruction of the biliary tract, including cholestasis and biliary cirrhosis.
Valz is prescribed, but the treatment is carried out with extreme caution, to people who have a pathology / condition, accompanied by a decrease in circulating blood volume, as well as to patients with:
- Stenosis of the two renal arteries or stenosis of the artery of a single kidney;
- Primary hyperaldosteronism;
- Hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy;
- Mitral / aortic stenosis;
- Hyperkalemia, developed as a result of adherence to a diet that limits sodium intake;
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Valza use is absolutely contraindicated at any time during the course of a pregnancy.
If there is an urgent need to use Valza, breastfeeding should be discontinued.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that Valz tablets are taken orally whole (without chewing). Can be taken without regard to food.
- Chronic heart failure. Assign a starting dose of 40 mg twice a day. With an insufficiently pronounced effect, it is possible to gradually increase the dose to 80 mg twice a day. With good portability, use of 160 mg twice a day is allowed. Dose adjustment should be carried out no more than 1 time in 2 weeks (at such intervals it is possible to evaluate the effectiveness of each subsequent dose).
- Increased patient survival after myocardial infarction. Treatment begins within 12 hours after myocardial infarction with an initial dose of 20 mg (1/2 tab. 40 mg) 2 times / day, with a subsequent increase in dose (40 mg, 80 mg, 160 mg 2 times / day) for several subsequent weeks, before reaching the target dose of 160 mg 2 times / day. Reaching a dose of 80 mg 2 times / day is recommended by the end of the 2nd week of treatment. Achieving the maximum target dose of 160 mg 2 times / day is recommended by the end of the 3rd month of therapy with Walz. Increasing the dose depends on the tolerability of the drug during the dose selection period. If arterial hypotension develops, accompanied by clinical manifestations or renal dysfunction, consider reducing the dose. Evaluation of patients in the period after myocardial infarction should include an assessment of renal function. The maximum daily dose is 320 mg in 2 divided doses.
- Arterial hypertension. Recommend taking the drug Valz in a starting dose of 80 mg / day. The maximum effect is achieved after 4 weeks; if after 4 weeks of therapy, 80 mg / day is not enough to control hypertension, the dose is increased to 160 mg / day. Combination therapy with other antihypertensive drugs is possible, including diuretics.
You should not prescribe more than 320 mg / day (the maximum dose must be divided into 2 doses). Perhaps the combined appointment of other antihypertensive agents, including diuretics, in such cases, the dose of valsartan should be reduced.
In patients with mild and moderate hepatic dysfunction of nonbiliary genesis without cholestasis, the drug should be used with caution, the daily dose should not exceed 80 mg. In patients with severely impaired liver function (more than 9 points on the Child-Pugh scale), biliary cirrhosis and cholestasis, the use of the drug Valz is contraindicated.
When using Valza, a number of side effects are possible:
- Often: orthostatic hypotension, postural dizziness, neutropenia, viral infections;
- Sometimes: heart failure and lowering blood pressure, cough, diarrhea and abdominal pain, insomnia, fainting, decreased libido, depression, vertigo, muscle cramps, back pain, myalgia, arthritis, hyperkalemia, sinusitis, pharyngitis, conjunctivitis, upper respiratory tract infections , swelling, asthenia, nosebleeds, feeling tired;
- Rarely: vasculitis, neuralgia, dizziness, hypersensitivity, serum sickness;
- Very rarely: headache, nausea, bleeding, thrombocytopenia, itching, skin rash, angioedema, arthralgia, acute renal failure, impaired renal function, rhinitis and gastroenteritis.
On the part of laboratory parameters with the use of Valza, a decrease in hematocrit and hemoglobin level, hyperbilirubinemia, hypercreatininemia, an increase in the concentration of urea nitrogen in the serum, an increase in liver transaminase activity is possible.
Since the therapeutic effect of the drug is to reduce blood pressure, overdose patients sharply reduce its performance and may faint or collapse. With the development of an overdose, the patient is given to take activated charcoal or wash the stomach, then symptomatic treatment. Hemodialysis in this case is not effective.
Other symptoms of overdose may also occur:
- Feeling constantly tired;
- Serum sickness;
- Sinusitis, inflammatory diseases of the upper respiratory tract;
- Edema, including angioedema;
- When treating the drug may be marked changes in the kidneys.
- Before starting treatment with Valz tablets, you need to restore the level of electrolytes and fluids. To do this, reduce the dosage of diuretics.
- When treating with the agent Walz and chronic heart failure, blood pressure can decrease at the very beginning of treatment, therefore its constant control is important.
- If a patient has renovascular hypertension, it is necessary to ensure continuous monitoring of creatinine and urea in the blood.
- During the course of treatment with a remedy, you need to drive motor vehicles carefully and engage in other activities that require attention and concentration.
There is a drug interaction:
- Potassium-sparing diuretics, potassium preparations, salts containing potassium, drugs that increase the level of potassium in the blood plasma (such as heparin) increase the risk of hyperkalemia.
- Other antihypertensives and diuretics enhance the antihypertensive effect of valsartan.
- When treating arterial hypertension with valsartan, there was no clinically significant interaction with other concurrently used drugs (for example, cimetidine, warfarin, digoxin, atenolol, amlodipine, glibenclamide, furosemide, indomethacin, hydrochlorothiazide).
- When used together with ACE inhibitors, a reversible increase in plasma lithium concentration and the development of toxic effects have been reported.
- The antihypertensive effect of the drug may be weakened when used together with NSAIDs, including with selective inhibitors of COX-2 and acetylsalicylic acid in a dose of more than 3 g / day.
The experience of using valsartan and preparations containing lithium is very limited. In the case of the use of preparations containing lithium in patients receiving "Valz", it is recommended to control the concentration of lithium in the blood plasma.
Walz and Walz H, what's the difference?
Many patients are interested in the question: what is the difference between Walz and Walz H preparations? Usually, such an abbreviation denotes the code of the company - manufacturer, but in this case everything is a little different. The fact is that the effectiveness of the drug Valz H is much higher due to the active ingredient in the composition - hydrochlorothiazide. The decision about which drug is suitable in each case should be made by the attending physician.
Walz H provides an additional diuretic effect, but if it is undesirable (kidney or liver disease), it is necessary to limit it to another drug.
We picked up some feedback from people about the drug Walz:
- Antonina. I am 58 years old. The pressure has not become obsessive since 50. In the fall of 2015 I took out a loan, and I was reduced from my job! Panic began. I found work for 12 hours seven days a week. At work, hassle, come on, hurry, hurry. I come back from work, everything is fine, I go to bed, doze-start sausage-the pressure rises-150 by 90.160 by 96.170 by 100, I start throwing everything that is-before, Adelfan used to help, now he is gone, berlipril 10. Then an ambulance. One, in a week another, the third. They ordered me to go to the doctor. The doctor said - we will do you 120 on 80 and prescribed vals 160, indopamid and bisoprolol. Since April I have been drinking a vals 160 quarter, idopamide, and my pulse dropped from bisoprolol. to 60, I don’t drink it, but I drink it if the heartbeat is up to 100 beats of anapriline under the tongue. Very soothing heart. I have been drinking this dosage for almost a year, and suddenly the pressure jumps to 200, I'm in shock, how is that? Knocked capoten. A week later, the race again is a little lower. I’ll raise the dosage and divide the tablet into 3 parts. So it was good. But you still can not worry, cinema is exciting or children grieve, lack of sleep, immediately crawling anyway. Observe!
- Nina. I have experienced hypertensive medicine, I have already tried a lot of drugs on myself. In the last consultation, the doctor advised “Walz” in the morning and after lunch one tablet of 80 mg. A couple of days took as prescribed, but the pressure dropped to 110-70, I already started to pump. Moved one tablet in the morning, everything returned to normal. She told the doctor, she advised nevertheless to take twice, but for half a tablet. Again she took as a doctor advised, and again the pressure fell lower than I needed. Now I drink only in the morning, for a whole pill, a pressure of 130-90, which is necessary. So the dose must be individually selected.
- Olga Walz was immediately assigned 160 once a day. The pressure before treatment with this drug reached 210/100 After administration, the pressure dropped sharply, severe headaches and heartache. On the advice of the doctor, they shared the reception 80 2 times a day. After a few days, the dose was reduced to 80 once a day. The pressure is kept low, and 2 hours after administration, the condition is worsening due to low pressure. reach rates 107/80. I tried to reduce the dose to 40 once a day, I’m afraid to cancel the drug abruptly, but I’m also afraid to take it if I'm afraid of low pressure. The attending physician is on vacation. Wals pressure decreases well, but the condition is not very good. Accept for three weeks.
In general, reviews of doctors about Walza indicate that this medicine for pressure is an effective method of reducing high blood pressure. Valz 80 mg tablets with proper intake and dosage can reduce blood pressure indicators, improve the patient’s general condition. In the feedback about Walza, it is also noted that with a sharp suspension of the drug intake there is no so-called withdrawal syndrome.
Analogs Valza on the active substance are:
- Valsartan Zentiva;
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
In accordance with the instructions, Valz should be kept out of the reach of children and protected from light by a dry place, at room temperature up to 30 ° C. The shelf life of the drug in compliance with the recommendations is 3 years.