Vasilip is a drug used to lower total cholesterol and low density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL) in plasma.
The active ingredient of the drug reduces the concentration of total Xc, Xc-LDL and triglycerides (TG). The content of Xc of very low density lipoproteins (Xc-VLDL) also decreases, while the content of Xc of high-density lipoproteins (Xc-HDL) is moderately increased.
On this page you will find all the information about Vasilip: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Vasilip. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much does Vasilip cost? The average price in pharmacies is 250 rubles.
Release form and composition
Available in the form of tablets, film-coated (round, slightly biconvex with beveled edges, white or almost white), 7 pieces in blisters, 2 or 4 blisters in cardboard packs.
- The composition of 1 tablet includes 10 mg, 20 mg or 40 mg of the active substance - simvastatin.
- Auxiliary components included in the preparation: butylhydroxyanisol, lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, pregelatinized starch, anhydrous citric acid, ascorbic acid, corn starch, magnesium stearate.
The active ingredient Vasilip has a lipid-lowering effect and reduces cholesterol in the blood plasma. The drug is effective in ischemic heart disease, because it reduces the risk of myocardial infarction. The therapeutic effect of the use of Vasilip develops over two weeks, and the maximum occurs after a month of daily intake.
In addition, Vasilip, according to reviews, has an anti-atherosclerotic effect, affecting blood components and vascular walls.
Indications for use
What helps? Vasilip is prescribed to patients for the treatment and prevention of the following conditions:
- Elevated blood cholesterol.
- Atherosclerosis of large arteries, as a result of which the blood supply to vital organs and systems is impaired.
- Prevention of recurrent heart attacks and ischemic strokes in patients with severe atherosclerosis or diabetes mellitus.
- Prevention of heart attacks and strokes in people at risk - overweight patients, people with a predominance of carbohydrates and over-fatty foods in the diet, patients with a genetic predisposition to hypercholesterolemia.
There are contraindications to the use of Vasilip, which should be followed. So, in acute liver disease in no case should not use the medication. It can affect this body in a special way and aggravate the situation.
A persistent increase in the transaminase content, with unexplained genesis, is also a contraindication. This can lead to the development of abnormal reactions on the part of the body.
Of particular danger are people who have an increased sensitivity to the components of the drug. In this case, you must consult a doctor. Indeed, when using can cause severe allergic reactions. It is advisable to choose a similar tool or medicine with a more gentle composition.
There are such cases when you need to take medicine, and a person has hypersensitivity. This suggests that you need to look for alternative solutions to the problem. But using Vasilip is strictly prohibited.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Components of Vasilip negatively affect the development of the fetus, therefore, the drug is excluded for the treatment of pregnant women. If pregnancy occurs during Vasilipom therapy, the drug is discontinued.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that Vasilip is taken orally, once in the evening.
- The recommended dose of simvastatin varies from 5 mg to 80 mg 1 time per day in the evening. The most common initial dose of the drug is 10 mg. Changes (selection) of the dose should be carried out at intervals of at least 4 weeks. The maximum daily dose is 80 mg. The maximum daily dose is recommended only for patients with severe hypercholesterolemia or high risk of cardiovascular complications. The duration of the drug is determined by the attending physician individually.
Prevention of cardiovascular diseases:
- At high risk of developing coronary heart disease (with or without hyperlipidemia), 20–40 mg of Vasilip per day is prescribed. The initial dose is 20 mg, the dose should be increased with an interval of at least 4 weeks. The maximum daily dose is 40 mg. When the content of LDL is less than 75 mg / dL (1.94 mmol / l), the total XS content is less than 140 mg / dl (3.6 mmol / l), the dosage of the drug should be reduced.
- The patient must follow a standard hypocholesterol diet throughout the entire period of treatment with Vasilip. The recommended initial dose for patients with hypercholesterolemia is 10 mg. In order to more pronounced decrease in the level of Xc-LDL (more than 45%), treatment can be started with 20-40 mg / day (once in the evening). In patients with homozygous hereditary hypercholesterolemia, the recommended daily dose of Vasilip is 40 mg in the evening or 80 mg in 3 doses (20 mg in the morning, 20 mg in the afternoon and 40 mg in the evening); these patients should use Vasilip in combination with another lipid-lowering therapy (for example, LDL apheresis).
- The drug is effective in monotherapy or simultaneously with bile acid sequestrants (for example, colestipol and colestiramine). In patients receiving treatment with gemfibrozil, cyclosporine, other fibrates or nicotinic acid (more than 1 g per day), therapy is recommended to start with 5 mg per day, the maximum daily dose is 10 mg. In such situations, a further increase in dose is not recommended.
In patients simultaneously receiving amiodarone or verapamil, daily doses of Vasilip should not exceed 20 mg.
In patients with severe renal insufficiency (CC less than 30 ml / min), the recommended dose of the drug should not exceed 10 mg / day. If you need to increase the dose, it is necessary to carefully monitor such patients.
In general, the drug is well tolerated. Side effects and allergic reactions occur less frequently, in a mild form, and pass quickly.
Nevertheless, such manifestations are possible:
- From the side of view: clouding of the lens.
- From the genitourinary system: impaired potency, impaired renal function.
- On the part of the gastrointestinal tract: an increase in liver transaminase activity, dyspepsia, pancreatitis, nausea and vomiting, constipation.
- From the side of the central nervous system: fatigue, peripheral neuropathies, depression, sleep disorders, headache.
- On the part of the muscles: dermatomyositis, muscle weakness, rhabdomyliosis with subsequent renal failure. This side effect develops extremely rarely, mainly in those patients who are taking parallel cyclosporine or other drugs from the group of statins.
- Other possible side effects: photosensitivity, alopecia.
In some cases, the reception of this drug is characterized by such manifestations of allergy, as urticaria, fever, eczema and redness of the skin. In these cases, you must inform the doctor about this reaction of the body to the medication. A blood test may also show changes such as increased eosinophil content and ESR.
There are cases of exceeding the dose of Vasilip, but they did not cause serious consequences and serious violations. Despite this, in case of overdosing of the drug, it is necessary to take enterosorbents and flush the stomach, as well as recommended monitoring of the body's systems, especially the kidneys and liver.
- It is recommended to avoid taking simvastatin and grapefruit juice.
- Before and during the course of therapy, the patient should be on a cholesterol diet.
- For unexplained pains in the muscles, it is recommended that the patient seek medical attention as a matter of urgency.
- The drug may cause a slight and clinically insignificant increase in the activity of liver enzymes in the blood serum. Usually, following the discontinuation of Vasilip, transaminase levels slowly decrease to their original value. However, before starting treatment and in the future it is necessary to conduct a study of the liver.
- It is not recommended to take if there is a risk of developing rhabdomyolysis or renal failure (due to arterial hypotension, severe acute infection, severe metabolic disorders, injuries).
No adverse effects of the drug on the ability to drive and work with mechanisms were reported. However, it should be borne in mind that when post-marketing application of simvastatin, there are cases of dizziness.
Vasilip (and its analogues) cannot be taken in combination with amiodarone, diltiazem, gemfibrosin, verapamil, cyclosporine, fenofibrate, nicotinic acid.
We picked up some reviews of people about Vasilip:
- Nina. My mother was prescribed by a therapist after she found high cholesterol. The price of the drug was acceptable, compared with other means for the price of more than 1000 rubles. My mother drank the medicine for a month, after re-taking the tests. Cholesterol returned to normal.
- Mark. Vasilip is appointed for life. Alcohol and vasilip (statins, simvastatin, rozostatin) are not compatible. with unauthorized cancellation or dose changes. Mostly get problems. You can reduce the dose if you follow the anti-cholesterol diet.
- Marina. She was always prone to hypolipodemia, but tried to stop the disease with diets and sports. She passed the analysis due to poor health - cholesterol was 12. Vasylip was prescribed. She took a month, after this time he fell to 3. Before that she took simvastatin, he did not give such success. As I understand it, Vasilip is a very serious drug, because I was prescribed it only in case of a strong deviation from the norm.
- Inga. My mother's family doctor prescribed this drug, she had high cholesterol. They said to drink a monthly course, and then again pass the tests. The price of the drug is very reasonable, because in the pharmacy, we saw money even for 1000 rubles and more ... A month later, my mother again underwent tests and the cholesterol level returned to normal.
Vasilip has many analogues, among which are:
- Atoris, Rosukard, Roxera, Rosuvastatin, Mertenil, Atomax, Lipitor, Pravastatin, Simvastol, Simgal, Lovastatin, Tulip, Ovenkor, Rosulip, Zokor, Rosart, Tevastor, Liprimar. The most popular of them are Tulip, Livostor, Vazoklin and Atorvakor.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Keep out of reach of children at temperature up to 30 ° C.
Shelf life - 3 years.