Ascorutin refers to the drugs of the combined type of vitamin group.
The active ingredients of the product are vitamins C and R. This type of medicine helps not only to replenish the body’s balance for the presence of vitamins represented in it. It contributes to the restoration of tissues and their regeneration, the strengthening of the walls of blood vessels and the return of their natural elasticity. The drug is an effective means to strengthen the entire vascular system and the immunity of the organism as a whole.
On this page you will find all the information about Ascorutin: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Ascorutin tablets. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Combined drug belonging to the group of vitamins.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released without a prescription.
How much is Askorutin? The average price in pharmacies is at the level of 60 rubles.
Release form and composition
Tablets Ascorutin have a light, greenish-yellow color with small, insignificant patches. Packed in polymer cans of 30 or 50 pieces or in blisters of 10 each. A cardboard box can hold one polymer jar or up to 5 plates with tablets.
- The active ingredients of the drug are vitamin C and rutin.
- Auxiliary components: sugar, potato starch, calcium stearate and talc.
What is the use of Askorutin? Combined vitamin-containing remedy helps to solve many problems in various diseases. Assign Ascorutin in order to enhance the redox processes, to establish carbohydrate metabolism, the synthesis of natural steroid hormones. The drug also takes an active part in the restoration and synthesis of connective tissue in the body.
In addition, the drug reduces radiation exposure, helps to eliminate toxins and toxins, which is important during the recovery period after influenza, ODS and other diseases. Indications for use of the drug Ascorutin include conditions in patients with acute venous insufficiency, accompanied by pain, swelling, inflammation of blood vessels.
What is Askorutin used for?
As indicated in the instructions for Ascorutin, this drug is prescribed:
- To compensate for the lack of vitamins C and P.
- In order to prevent influenza and other viral infections.
- For the prevention of damage to the vascular wall in patients undergoing treatment with anticoagulants and salicylates.
Ascorutin is recommended to be used in the complex treatment of diseases involving increased permeability and capillary fragility:
- Septic endocarditis;
- Capillary toxicosis;
- Radiation sickness;
- Infectious diseases: typhus, measles, scarlet fever;
- Hemorrhagic vasculitis;
- Nosebleeds in children;
- Allergic diseases;
- Thrombocytopenic purpura;
- Retinal hemorrhage;
- Varicose veins;
You can also take women with heavy and prolonged menstruation.
Like many drugs, askorutin has contraindications. If you do not want to get the opposite effect, you need to know that the following are contraindications:
- individual intolerance to the drug or vitamins P and C;
- children up to three years;
- askorutin during pregnancy to the third trimester;
- also contraindications of the drug: urolithiasis, diabetes mellitus, thrombophlebitis, gout, in case of increased blood clotting.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Whether it is possible to use this drug to a woman who is expecting a child depends on the period on which it is located. Ascorutin during pregnancy is strictly contraindicated in the first trimester, which is explained as follows. During the period when all the organs of the fetus are formed, the penetration of any third-party substances through the blood of the pregnant woman to the baby should be limited as much as possible so as not to harm him.
When a woman is on the later lines of gestation, Ascorutin may be administered, for example, when the veins in the legs are dilated or to prevent uterine bleeding during labor. Whether it is possible to take this medicine during lactation - the doctor must also decide. Although rutin does not penetrate into breast milk, and vitamin C is detected there in an insignificant concentration, the infant is very sensitive to any change in the composition of his diet. For this reason, the doctor's control when taking the drug is required.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that before starting treatment, it is necessary to consult a doctor, who will tell you how to drink Ascorutin in different conditions and depending on age.
- Tablets need to be swallowed after a meal, the dose for adults is 1-2 units per day for prophylaxis, for therapeutic purposes, 2 units are prescribed three times a day. The average course duration is 3-4 weeks. If necessary, after a month's break, treatment can be continued.
- Askorutin dosage and method of use in children is to use half a tablet once every 24 hours to prevent the development of diseases and deficient conditions. Babies older than 3 years of age are prescribed for therapy one at a time, 2-3 times a day.
Constant monitoring and control of all systems is required. It is not recommended to drink a liquid with alkaline content, since the absorption of the composition is reduced.
Ascorutin is well tolerated by patients. In rare cases, the use of the drug can cause the following side effects: vomiting, nausea, gastric spasm, headache, allergic reactions.
Prolonged use of Ascorutin can cause sleep disturbance, an increase in excitability and blood pressure, and also lead to the formation of stones in the urinary tract.
An overdose of the drug may occur with a single use of 10 or more tablets of it. In this case, a sharp increase in blood pressure is possible, as well as a violation of the functions of the kidneys and pancreas.
Manifestations of overdose are symptoms such as:
In case of an accidental or deliberate overdose of Ascorutin, 4-5 tablets of activated carbon should be drunk and an ambulance doctor should be called.
During the appointment of the drug should consider its compatibility with other drugs:
- Ascorutin reduces the therapeutic effect of Heparin, Biseptol;
- in the treatment of cardiological drugs at the time of treatment with Ascorutin need a break;
- Vitamins P and C enhance the effect of nicotinic acid;
- vitamin complex enhances the negative impact on the body of salicylates;
- the combination of oral contraceptives is reduced by ascorbic acid.
Given this list, you should definitely listen to the opinion of doctors about taking Ascorutin. The combination of even harmless products can provoke serious consequences for the body.
The drug is very popular in the modern pharmaceutical market. First of all, due to the low cost of the drug, Vitamin C in combination with Rutin and other excipients have a noticeable therapeutic effect, improve health and significantly change the performance of clinical tests in the direction of globally accepted norms.
- “Vitamin C and Askorutin, among other things, greatly increase the risk of blood clots, so be careful with the dosage.”
- “Vascular and pigmented spots on cheeks were very disturbed. That just did not do: masks, laser, cleansing, creams, essential oils. I read it and drink Ascorutin for a week with shock doses, I also apply it on my face. The result is beyond praise - the spots turned pale, only a drop of foundation is needed for the ideal. ”
- “Ascorutin does not relieve couperose, i.e. from existing vascular stars. It strengthens the walls of blood vessels, thereby preventing couperose from manifesting further. Although, he does not always help with this, for example, I have taken this drug on the advice of a dermatologist and cosmetologist for many years in a row, but my couperosis has progressed and progresses further. By the way, Ascorutin contributes to the deposition of kidney stones, so be careful with him. ”
Separately, it is worth noting the positive therapeutic effects in chronic vascular pathology. For example, rosacea after a course of conservative treatment askorutin returns healthy complexion, eliminated unsightly blush disappears problem emerges capillaries and local hemorrhage as a pharmaceutical formulation tones and strengthens the walls of arterial and venous vascular bed, prevents the development of stagnation, adjusts trophic processes in the skin.
Biologically active substances that make up Ascorutin tablets make it possible to completely restore blood flow even in the most problematic areas, relieve the bloodstream from thrombotic masses, enrich the coagulation system with Ascorbic Acid and Rutin, nullify the risk of a fatal outcome.
Exactly the same chemical composition as Askorutin, have the following analogues:
- Askorutin D (Russia, Rosepharm);
- Ascorutin-UBF (Russia, Uralbiopharm).
Another drug - Prophylactin C - contains the same substances, but in other proportions: ascorbic acid contains 100 mg in it, and rutgid (rutin) - 25 mg. This tool, as can be understood by its name, is used not for medical purposes, but solely for preventive purposes.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
It is recommended to store Ascorutin in a dark place, protected from direct sunlight at a temperature not exceeding 25 degrees. Shelf life 4 years.