Sinusitis - a disease in which the mucous membrane of the maxillary sinus is inflamed. It is accompanied by difficulty breathing through the nasal passages due to mucus and pus that accumulate there. The disease can occur as a consequence of untreated rhinitis, due to inflammation in the teeth or infections.
Rinsing of the nose with sinusitis is usually carried out in medical institutions, however, most patients also use traditional methods of treatment. Often, the nasal cavity is washed at home. This procedure is quite simple (see video below).
Due to the correct and regular flushing of the nose, you can prevent serious swelling, completely clean the nasopharynx and remove purulent contents. It is important to note that as a result, the overall well-being of the patient also improves.
How to flush your nose with sinus: video
The technique of washing the nose for sinus has its own rules and features. The purpose of washing is to release the nasal sinuses from the pathological secretion and restore nasal breathing. Usually, nasal washing is part of a comprehensive treatment prescribed by a doctor.
Regardless of the type of fluid chosen, the basic steps of flushing the nose are the same:
- Before rinsing, the nose should be as clean as possible so that it is not blocked. If necessary, apply vasoconstrictor drugs (Naphthyzinum, Tizin, Rinazolin) to temporarily remove the edema and normalize the air flow through the nasal passages. After 5-10 minutes after the use of vasoconstrictor drops, you can begin the procedures.
- In order to make the necessary manipulation at home, you can use a syringe or a large syringe without a needle.
- The washing procedure begins with the fact that the person bends over the sink with his head bent to the side, with one nostril being located above, and the liquid contents from the chosen device are poured into it.
- The solution, passing through the nasopharynx, should flow in a steady stream through the mouth or second nostril.
- Repeat the procedure during the day - 2-4 times, the duration of such treatment is one to two weeks.
- The amount of solution used per application is 100–200 ml.
- The temperature of the solution should not exceed 38 - 40 degrees.
- Before you choose a solution for washing, you should make sure that there is no allergic reaction to its components.
Depending on the individual characteristics of the patient, washing the nose with sinus can be done by various means: from plain but boiled water and herbal infusions to pharmaceutical preparations.
Each tool has a positive effect on the patient's body, but its effectiveness depends largely on the degree of complexity of the disease, the nature of the course, intolerance to a certain drug composition, the ability of the immune system to fight infectious pathogens, etc.
This technique is carried out in the conditions of medical institutions. Usually, such washing is prescribed for the disease of sinusitis, in parallel with drug therapy.
Before starting the procedure, the patient lies on his back, slightly throws back his head. The specialist inserts flexible catheters into the patient's nostrils and introduces an anti-bactericidal agent through one of them, and the used solution is pumped out through the other.
During washing, the patient must constantly pronounce the syllable “ku”, which helps to tone up the muscles of the soft palate - this is necessary so that the medicine is concentrated in the nasal cavity and does not get into the mouth and respiratory tract located below the level of the nasopharynx.
What is this procedure for?
Washing is used to treat a wide range of acute and chronic sinus diseases. Indications for the procedure include:
- acute and chronic sinusitis;
- acute and chronic rhinosinusitis;
- drying of the nasal mucosa;
- prevention of respiratory infections;
- recovery period after ENT operations and others;
- hay fever (allergic rhinitis and often associated maxillary sinusitis).
The benefits of washing sessions for humans are obvious:
- mechanical removal of mucus and pus;
- "breaking" of stagnation;
- washing off the microbes and removing them from the sinuses;
- improving capillary tone;
- increasing the protective properties of the mucous membrane;
- restoration of the natural drainage function of the sinuses without a puncture;
- reduction of edema of the mucous membrane and maxillary sinuses;
- decrease in the concentration of allergens and inflammatory mediators with allergic sinusitis;
- if the puncture is still unavoidable, washing will help prepare the sinuses for this operation.
Thus, flushing the nose with antritis means ensuring the most important tasks of the therapy — accelerating the outflow of mucus and pus, reducing inflammation and intensity of the infectious process, and quickly eliminating the symptoms.
Than wash your nose with sinus at home?
So, what is the best solution to flush your nose with antritis? Answering the question of what to use for flushing the nose with sinus, it is worth noting that in almost every medicine cabinet there are certain medications, as well as folk remedies that can be used for this purpose.
Consider the most common ones:
- Furacilin. Furacilin, an antimicrobial and antiparasitic drug, is considered to be one of the most inexpensive and affordable drugs used as a nasal flushing fluid.
- Iodine. The classic antimicrobial drug, which is most often used externally, at low dosage (1-2 drops of the drug per glass of water) helps to clear the parasites of the sinuses.
- Dolphin. The washing complex contains a liquid that includes a whole complex of salts and trace elements - chlorides, sulfates, compounds of organic acids, bromine, iodine, as well as licorice extracts and rosehip berries.
- Aqua Maris. It is purified from harmful impurities sea water containing compounds of calcium, magnesium, chlorine, ions and sodium. Included with the drug is a syringe.
- Aqualore. This tool contains minerals, as well as active ingredients of sea water, which have an anti-inflammatory and moisturizing effect on mucous membranes.
- Saline solution. As you have noticed, the majority of modern medical solutions for washing the nose are made on the basis of salt and its derivatives, respectively, the necessary liquid can be made independently. This will require half a teaspoon of sea or table salt, which must be dissolved in one glass of boiled water.
It is also worth noting that although rinsing the nose is a relatively safe procedure, the following is important here: rinsing requires strict adherence to all recommendations. When doing this for the first time, carefully read the descriptions. If you are not sure that you can do everything correctly, go to the hospital and ask the health worker to give you a nasal wash. Having understood the principle, you can easily repeat this procedure at home.
Nose flushing with furatsilinom
As you know, furatsilina have high antiseptic properties. It is usually sold either in the form of tablets or powders, or in the form of a prepared solution. In order to flush the nose, a liquid is required, the color of which should be moderate yellow.
In the event that a similar solution is prepared at home, you should carefully ensure that all the grains are dissolved. To prepare a solution of furatsilina need half a tablet dissolved in two cups of boiled water. The course of treatment "Furacilin" is 1-5 weeks. The solution for each wash must be re-prepared each time.
This preparation is a purified sea water, which consists of trace elements, chlorine, magnesium, calcium, sodium. The use of the drug makes the mucus less viscous, relieves swelling, stimulates the epithelium, kills pathogens.
It is used as a drug for complex therapy for a wide variety of diseases of the nasal sinuses, nasal mucosa, rhinitis, sinusitis, respiratory infections.
Rinsing the nose with salt for antritis
Saline solutions do not dry the mucous membrane, well liquefy the mucus accumulated in the sinuses and nasopharynx and remove it from the nasopharynx. Such agents have anti-edema effect.
You can rinse your nose with ordinary salt water. At the same time in a glass of warm boiled water dissolve ½ teaspoon of table salt. In this solution, you can add ½ teaspoon of baking soda.
When flushing the nose with Dolphin, the natural process of cleansing the sinuses from purulent accumulations occurs. The infection does not spread, and the mucosa is released from pathological microorganisms. Among the useful properties of the drug should be noted:
- has an antiseptic effect;
- has antibacterial properties;
- stimulates the production of antimicrobial agents;
- activates mucus production;
- restores the mucous membrane of the nasal cavity;
- normalizes the functioning of the epithelium (ciliated);
- enhances local immunity and accordingly stimulates the protective properties of the body;
- normalizes water-salt balance in the nose, etc.
Natural ingredients have an immunostimulating effect. The advantage of the tool is that it can be used by children from 4 years old not only for treatment, but also as a prophylactic during periods of increased incidence.
It has proven itself as a means of combating sinusitis propolis solution. To prepare it, you need to take a glass of warm but not hot water and dissolve 15 drops of propolis in it. Until the liquid has cooled, you need to start washing.
Herbal decoctions and infusions are often used for these purposes. Chamomile, string, oak bark - all this is used to prepare medicines.
During the choice of medication for washing, you must ensure that the patient is not allergic to it. In the event that an individual intolerance of a particular drug is observed, it should be discarded.
If you do not have confidence in your own abilities, and you doubt that you will carry out the procedure correctly, it is better to contact the specialists. When the principle of washing will be clear to you, then once again you will certainly be able to repeat it yourself.