Normally, vaginal secretions observed in women on a daily basis should consist solely of the mucus that the cervical glands produce.
As a rule, they are non-volumetric, but are characterized by their constancy, which is necessary for a kind of cleansing of the female genital tract to prevent their infection. The composition of these secretions, above all, depends on the phase of the woman's menstrual cycle.
In cases where there is bloody discharge in the middle of the cycle, which have a pink, red, and sometimes brown tint, it is necessary to exclude possible violations. Most often, such secretions have a weak intensity and a smearing character, and therefore, they are not always noticeable.
Nevertheless, this state should not be left without attention, however, one should not panic ahead of time. So let's start by figuring out what could be the cause of bleeding in the middle of the monthly cycle.
When such a selection can be considered the norm?
If during such secretions a woman does not feel any discomfort - there is no unpleasant smell, itching, pain in the abdomen and lower back, then you can with high probability say that there are no health problems.
- The most common cause of small bleeding in the middle of a cycle is a significant increase in a certain hormonal level at the very moment of ovulation. Such a phenomenon is often spasmodic.
- These excretions may signal that the egg is ready for fertilization. Usually, most women ovulate in the middle of the cycle (in the normal cycle), although deviations of several days are possible. In the period of ovulation in women, a large amount of a hormone is produced, such as estrogen, which affects the uterine lining. Because of this, there may be minor bleeding that is not a pathology.
- It is possible that bleeding in the middle of the cycle is due to the fact that sexual intercourse was too active. You, as an option, does not fit the position in which you make love when the cervix is too curved. Or the vaginal mucosa is traumatized because the sexual organ of the partner is too big for you. This is quite normal only if the bleeding does not occur again in the next cycle (then the reason is different).
- Early pregnancy. When a fertilized egg is attached to the uterine wall, the structure of the endometrium changes inside, it becomes more sensitive and susceptible. During this period, slight bleeding may occur in the form of a small reddish or brownish stain. In a month, when the woman already understands and realizes her new position, everything should be in order. With a normal pregnancy, there should be no dark vaginal discharge.
It also happens that this problem is visible only during the period of individual hygiene, and absolutely no trace is visible on the underwear. This situation, often, does not indicate hormonal disorder, physiological disorders, etc. On the contrary, they only emphasize the normal functioning of the body.
However, if the intermenstrual discharge with blood in the middle of the cycle is intense and does not stop for several days, then you should definitely consult a gynecologist for a qualified diagnosis.
In other cases, bleeding in the middle of the menstruation cycle is a signal of any irregularities in the body, so it is best to consult a gynecologist. Consider common causes that can cause bleeding from a woman in the middle of a cycle:
- Endometritis, which is characterized by inflammation of the muscle inner layer of the uterus. The disease could have been caused by a woman’s abortion. A woman may be disturbed by pain and fever. When this condition is not treated, the patient gradually changes into a chronic form, and the body sends a signal in the form of a symptom of bleeding.
- The presence of polyps in the endometrium that may occur after an abortion, cesarean section. The diagnosis here can only be made by the results of hysteroscopy, ultrasound and histological analysis of endometrial scraping. This disease is treated by surgical intervention "polypectomy". After that, for the normalization of hormonal background, COC is indicated.
- Contraceptives. Acceptance of hormonal contraceptive means leads to a violation of the level of hormones in the female body. If the bloody discharge does not stop within a month, then it is necessary to visit a gynecologist, who will change the medication taken for another medication.
- Infections of the vagina or cervix. Due to the inflammatory process during menstruation, incomplete rejection of the uterine mucosa occurs, and its residues can be released in the middle of the cycle.
- Hormonal disorders. A normal menstrual cycle is possible only if hormones act on the uterine mucosa in a balanced way. When this process is disrupted, the lining of the uterus becomes a kind of target for hormones. Hormonal disorders often lead to a woman’s lack of ovulation and, as a result, problems with conception.
- Brown discharge in the middle of the cycle may indicate the development of pathological processes in the uterine endometrium (endometriosis). The disease is characterized by the proliferation of endometrial cells outside the uterine cavity, which, if delayed treatment, leads to the formation of polyps, and in the worst case, to infertility. Accompanying symptoms of the disease are severe pain in the lower abdomen, giving in the lumbar region, a general breakdown, increased body temperature.
- Wearing an IUD for contraception. In this case, bleeding in the middle of the cycle may occur as a sign of infection or inflammation present. It can also indicate the presence of a cyst or the appearance of polyps in the vagina or cervix.
- The resulting discharge in the middle of the cycle may indicate an existing uterine tumor in a woman. Surgical intervention in this case can take place only in case of detection of concomitant pathology.
- Stress. The connection between the nervous and endocrine systems in the female body is very close. The hormonal system of the body depends on the woman’s nervous and physical condition. Stress leads to the development of fatigue, giving impetus to the exacerbation of chronic diseases, and leads to the development of new ones. The resulting hormonal disruptions in the body lead to disruption of the menstrual cycle and the appearance of intermenstrual secretions and even bleeding.
Having found unusual secretions in oneself, one does not need to panic, because in most cases they either do not pose a threat or speak of pathologies that are well treatable. Because the best step will be to seek qualified advice, and do not forget about the regular inspection. For preventive examinations, 1-2 times a year is sufficient.
How to treat bleeding in the middle of a cycle
The appearance of intermenstrual bloody discharge is quite common. Almost every woman at least once in her life faced with this problem. Most often, such minor bleeding is completely natural and does not foretell anything bad.
However, it is still worthwhile to contact a gynecologist, since the exact reason can be established only by conducting a special study. In addition, you should always contact a specialist if spotting in the middle of the cycle:
- cause discomfort;
- they last more than 3 days;
- discharge began to increase;
- discharge is accompanied by pain
Such bleeding can serve as a signal of certain pathologies, and require a qualified diagnosis, and subsequent treatment.