In the life of every girl there are cases that you want to quickly forget. This applies to "female" diseases and problems. Burning when urinating is one of many reasons that can spoil the evening and so on. Every woman experienced these discomfort at least once in her life.
The statistics asserts that every fifth representative of the fair sex addresses the problem of "burning in women". And about 15% are faced with similar sensations more often than three cases per year.
Cystitis - the first "suspect" in the list of diseases that cause a burning sensation when urinating in women. But the causes of discomfort when trying to free the bladder from the contents are not limited to this ailment. Dysuria - a signal that the body is not all right, and he needs help. Why can appear rezi and how dangerous it is? We will try to figure it out.
When is it necessary to make an appointment with a doctor?
You should definitely make an appointment with a specialist, if during one day the discomfort does not pass and they are added:
- burning pain when urinating and back pain or in the whole body;
- discharge (including blood streaks);
- chills and fever;
- body aches;
If there is a burning sensation (dysuria) during urination, it is necessary to listen to your body, because burning is the first symptom of diseases of the genitourinary system.
Causes of burning sensation when urinating in women
Burning when urinating in women occurs in injured reproductive canal, bacterial inflammation or in the case of a sexually transmitted infection. The most common causes of pain and discomfort are:
- The most common cause is cystitis. Most often, the first signs of cystitis are acute, with frequent painful urination, severe burning and itching in the urethra. But some types of infection cause inflammatory processes that are subacute or chronic from the very beginning. In this case, the woman may be disturbed periodically by a slight burning sensation in the urethra. During the exacerbation of the process, frequent urination, as well as discharge from the genitals, are attached to the burning sensation. Relapses can independently, without treatment, pass into remission.
- Urethritis is accompanied by discharge and pain. With a protracted nature, other urinary organs are affected. Inflammation of the urethra occurs during sexual or domestic contact. The phenomenon is caused by causative agents of chlamydia, mycoplasma, ureaplasma. The feeling of burning occurs at the beginning of urination and periodically occurs during the day.
- Pyelonephritis. These are inflammations of the kidneys, in which there is a sharp pain before urination, as well as back pain, radiating to the legs, pulling pain in the perineum. Relapses of pyelonephritis usually arise from severe hypothermia, excessive exercise, with pyelonephritis, pain occurs most often in the evenings.
- Urolithiasis (urolithiasis). Symptoms: increased urination, pain in the formation of stones, pain when urinating, lack of a feeling of complete emptying of the bladder after urination.
- STIs or STDs. They are also the main cause of frequent urging, pain, and burning at the beginning or after each during emptying. Among sexually transmitted infections, we can distinguish the most common in our time - gonorrhea, syphilis, herpes, trichomoniasis, ureaplasmosis, mycoplasmosis.
- Stones in the bladder. They are formed as a result of crystallization of minerals in the urine. These stones can cause painful and frequent urination.
- Thrush - infection of fungal origin, manifested by itching and burning in the genitals. Persistent itching and burning are very painful for the patient. The walls of the vagina are edematous, the disease is accompanied by copious white discharge resembling curdled milk. With the running form of thrush, there may be a burning sensation when urinating in women.
- It can also be caused by using incompatible hygiene products. Some types of soap or shampoo can cause this discomfort, even toilet paper can be a cause of burning during urination. In case of frequent desires to empty the bladder, the vaginal microflora can be disturbed and cause dysbacteriosis of the labia, which also causes burning and itching.
It is important to understand that painful urination is a symptom, drowning that you will not get rid of the disease. Treatment should be aimed at eliminating the cause of the disease, and not its consequences.
Pain with blood
In addition to cystitis, the causes of blood in the urine may be:
- polycystic kidney disease;
- kidney tuberculosis;
- bladder cancer;
- kidney stones (their movement can provoke pain during urination with blood in women);
- impaired blood circulation in the urogenital system (can cause pain during urination and blood in women);
- damage to the urinary organs (can cause pain and blood when urinating in women);
In medical terminology, the appearance of blood in the urine is called "hematuria".
Burning after urinating in women: causes
Normally, the process of urination should not be accompanied by any unpleasant sensations, so cramps, burning or pain usually indicate the presence of any infectious diseases of the genitourinary system.
Among the possible causes of this phenomenon are called:
- cystitis or, in other words, inflammation of the bladder;
- urethritis - a disease associated with inflammation of the urethra;
- cystalgia - a functional disturbance in the work of the bladder;
- urolithiasis - the presence of stones in the bladder;
- genital infections (urogenital chlamydia, gonorrhea, thrush, trichomoniasis, ureaplasmosis, candidiasis);
- vestibulitis or cervical inflammation.
In any case, if the above symptoms occur, a woman should consult a doctor. Treatment of burning after urination, is carried out depending on what kind of disease it was caused.
To understand how to treat burning during urination in women, the urologist must not only diagnose the symptom, but also determine the cause of its development.
After examination, the doctor prescribes an examination:
- Pelvic ultrasound;
- General analysis of blood, urine;
- Urine culture for sterility;
- Thorough external inspection;
- Medical examination of the patient's history;
- ELISA and PCR tests for all STIs;
- When indicated, urine analysis according to Nichiporenko;
- X-ray or MRI of the lumbosacral spine;
- Smear from the cervical canal on the flora, men - scraping from the urethra on bacpossev.
And according to the laboratory data and the results of other examinations, on the basis of the diagnosis, the doctor will prescribe an appropriate course of treatment.
Treatment of burning sensation when urinating
Depending on what caused the burning sensation during urination in women, the treatment will be different.
- In case of urolithiasis, if oxalates are prevailing, plentiful alkaline drinking is recommended, with an increase in the urate content - sour.
- If the neurological nature of the disease is confirmed, the use of herbal sedatives is recommended - phytosed, sedavit.
- With the inflammatory nature of the disease, the basis of therapy is the administration of antibiotics, in such cases, norfloxacin, cephalosporins, etc. are prescribed.
- In all cases, when there is a burning sensation during urination, appropriate phytopreparations with diuretic properties should be taken, for example, Urolesan drops.
If you are not worried about additional symptoms in the form of pain, purulent discharge, impurities of blood in the urine and no temperature, you can help yourself:
- Drink more fluids throughout the day. It can be compotes, savory teas, unsalted and without gas mineral water, weak rosehip decoction, cranberry juice, cherry branch decoction, bearberry decoction.
- Drink a pill "No-shpy", "Riabala" or "Spazmalgona." This will ease discomfort during urination;
- Exclude from the diet all spicy, salty, smoked, sweet and alcohol.
If the symptoms do not go away after a day, you must visit a doctor and pass urine for analysis. The doctor will find out why there is a burning sensation during urination, and only then he will prescribe the necessary drugs. Infectious and inflammatory diseases that cause it are treated only with antibacterial drugs.