Gastritis with hyperacidity, or hyperacid, is an inflammation of the walls of the stomach, accompanied by increased secretion of hydrochloric acid. Most often, this disease is faced by people aged 20-50 years.
There are many causes of gastritis-provoking, and one of the main ones is considered an unhealthy diet, in addition, excessive use of drugs, as well as stress and an unhealthy lifestyle can lead to this disease.
In any case, for the successful treatment of gastritis with high acidity, you must adhere to a special diet, it will remove the unpleasant symptoms of gastritis.
Causes and mechanism of development
Gastritis with increased acidity develops due to a large number of causes, which can be conventionally divided into exogenous (external) and endogenous (resulting from processes in the body).
The main risk factors include:
- the presence of Helicobacter pylori infection;
- frequent consumption of spicy, too hot or spicy foods;
- overeating - a large amount of food causes mechanical stretching of the stomach;
- abuse of coffee, alcohol, smoking;
- NSAIDs - cause irritation of the gastric mucosa and an increase in the concentration of hydrochloric acid;
- chronic stress;
- prolonged fasting or strict diets;
- genetic predisposition;
- metabolic disease;
- autoimmune inflammation;
- contact with chemical compounds that enter the stomach, leading to the development of inflammation.
Depending on the location of inflammation and its causes, 3 types of gastritis with high acidity are distinguished, we will consider them a little lower.
Types of gastritis associated with increased acidity:
- Type A, when antibodies to mucous cells begin to be produced in the body due to genetic heredity;
- Type B, when a lesion is present, the place where the duodenum enters the stomach, more often due to Helicobacter pylori, sometimes it is due to a transfer of the contents of the intestine to the stomach.
- Type C, when gastritis occurs due to alcohol poisoning, food, medicines and chemicals.
In addition, distinguish the chronic form of gastritis with high acidity and acute.
Symptoms of gastritis with high acidity
With an increase in acidity in the stomach, the patient can detect the following signs of gastritis:
- the appearance of heartburn after eating;
- pain "on an empty stomach";
- feeling of heaviness;
- stool disorders: constipation, diarrhea;
- belching with a rotten, sour odor;
- unpleasant taste in the mouth;
These symptoms have a negative effect on the nervous system, and therefore may be accompanied by chronic fatigue syndrome, sleep disorders, irritability. In the initial stage, a person may not notice the symptoms of gastritis with high acidity: they will become pronounced during the period of exacerbation (autumn, spring seasons).
Symptoms in chronic course
In chronic gastritis with high acidity, the symptoms are not so pronounced and occur only when provoking factors:
- a big break in the meal;
- alcohol abuse;
- food poisoning;
- severe stress;
- the use of poor-quality, too spicy, fatty, hot or cold food;
- when smoking.
Therefore, any change in the digestion process, which is expressed by nausea, pain, unstable stool, heaviness in the stomach, increased gas formation should force a person to be examined by a gastroenterologist, since not only gastritis but also more serious gastrointestinal diseases can cause similar symptoms, especially in our time oncological tensions.
Diagnosis of gastritis
The overall picture of the disease becomes clear from the general symptoms.
To clarify the diagnosis, endoscopy is recommended. The procedure of swallowing the hose is not very pleasant, but it allows you to take samples of biological tissues and measure the acidity. As a result, you can sow for Helicobacter and identify the level of acidity to clarify the disease.
The doctor may prescribe a general blood and urine test in order to know the full picture. You may still need an ultrasound of the cholagogue system. After all, it can also be a problem.
Treatment of gastritis with high acidity
The regimen of gastritis with high acidity chosen by specialists should, first of all, take into account the etiology of the disease.
The very first condition for reducing symptoms is dieting, avoiding alcohol and smoking, coffee. Assigned to a diet table number 1: food should be thermally, chemically and mechanically gentle to alleviate the symptoms of the disease.
After the condition improves, a strict diet is observed - the food is steamed, you need to eat often, in fractional portions. Fried, smoked, extractive substances, carbonated drinks and alcohol are excluded. Long breaks between meals, food on the move and dry rations are not allowed.
In most cases, with the right treatment and proper diet, it is possible to achieve stable remission. In opposite cases, the transition of the disease to the chronic form, the development of ulcers and erosions of the stomach. In advanced cases, surgery may be required.
With diagnosed gastritis with high acidity, conservative treatment includes a number of drugs, they are needed to make the person feel better, pain, heartburn and other discomfort are gone.
First of all, these are the following medications:
- Means "redeeming" hydrochloric acid - antacids.
- Enzymes that improve digestion.
- Medicines that cover the mucous membrane, protecting it from irritants.
- Medications that reduce the activity of the glandular cells of the stomach for a long time.
- Pain relievers - antispasmodics.
- Antibiotics that affect Helicobacter pylori, but only if it is detected in the gastric juice in high concentrations.
Treatment of gastritis with high acidity is usually carried out at home, hospitalization is indicated in case of severe exacerbations, accompanied by severe pain, bleeding, dehydration (incessant vomiting, diarrhea), etc.
Diet for gastritis
Diet for gastritis with high acidity should have sufficient energy value, consist of proteins, fats and carbohydrates in the ratio of 1: 1: 4.
Proper nutrition should not contain products that activate gastric secretion. First of all it is:
- Rich meat and fish, mushroom broths. You can not borscht, cabbage soup, okroshka.
- Stringy and fatty meats, duck, goose, smoked sausages, sausages, any canned meat.
- Rye bread, as well as any freshly baked bread. All store pastries from any dough - butter, puff.
- White cabbage, mushrooms, radish, onions, spinach, cucumbers. It is impossible neither salted, nor pickled, nor pickled vegetables, canned food.
- Fatty dairy products, spicy cheeses, sour cream in limited quantities.
- Carbonated drinks, lemonades, Coca-Cola, kvass, citrus fruits juices, black strong coffee.
- Sour fruits, dried fruits, chocolate, ice cream, insufficiently ripe and sour berries.
- Canned, salted fish, fatty varieties - trout, salmon, salmon.
- Mayonnaise, ketchup, all spicy seasonings, ginger.
- All spicy snacks, aspic, smoked meat, canned food.
- Corn grits, millet, all legumes, barley, barley porridge.
- Fried eggs and hard boiled eggs.
The daily volume of provisions should be divided into 5-6 receptions, in small portions. Food should be optimal temperature, fresh, it must be chewed thoroughly.